Should I sell my 2007 Explorer or keep it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should I sell my 2007 Explorer or keep it?

kdcrnp

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer
Just paid off my 2007 Explorer December 2012. Put new tires on it in January 2013. Needed a new transmission June 2013. Found out that the radiator was cracked and replaced it Aug 2013. I still have differential fluid leaks. I've spent $3,300 this year alone and still need to repair differential leaks. Mileage is 138,000. Should I sell it at this point? I love the ride and would like to keep it but am afraid I could be in for more repairs down the road. I don't have much experience with Explorers. Any comments would be appreciated.

I have a '99 Explorer Eddie Bauer with 240K miles and a '97 Explorer XLT with 234K either of which I'd take cross country.

Just bought a 2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer and I absolutely love the ride in anticipation of dropping one of the other two vehicles.

I didn't have any of the issues you have with my older vehicles. I hope my new ride follows the path of my older cars.

I'm interested in what others have to say about the 2007 current and future issues.

Back