Side mirror : inner parts "swap" ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Side mirror : inner parts "swap" ?

maetesmann

Reaction score
City, State
Duesseldorf /Germany
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello ... from Germany !
"Happy New Year !" to everyone !

But not for me :angryfire: ... hit a pole with my right side mirror while backing up in the dark ... was checking the rear view cam and rear view miroor only .. but not the right side mirror. Damned !
The housing, glass and the turn signal lamp are all broken ,,,
Excellent start into 2021 !!! :banghead:

I asked for a quote for a new one at my local Ford Dealer who can get parts for non-European Ford Models which my 2013 Sport is, Ford just started offering the Explorer from last year on over here in Germy / Europe..
You don't really want to know what they told the complete side mirror would cost :rant:... so I said Thanks, but NO Thanks !

My side mirror has motor fold (by hiting the button at the driver's door panel ... so that's not so called "auto-fold", right ? :confused2:), puddle lamp, motor adjustment of the glass, heated glass, turn signal lamp and Blind Spot Alert.
So almost everything, I guess ...
All lights and motors are still working, even the Blind Spot Lamp is working although the glass ... and the housing ... is cracked.
Part-# of the whole assembly should be BB5Z17682EAPTM .. if my research was right.

My question now is:
Can I use any "standard" (=cheapest) housing and additional a new mirror, turn signal lamp and glass I can find on ebay or Rockauto and swap all the motors, cabels and the glass into that "new" housing ?
Or isn't that possible .. b/c the inside of the "cheaper" housings are missing wholes or bolts to attach all my parts ?

Any anyswer .. or a used matching intact mirror .. would be appreciated !
Thanks a lot !

Stay healthy,
Regards,
Martin ... from Germany ;)

Back