Silver Lake run again middle of June. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Silver Lake run again middle of June.

Big E

Reaction score
City, State
Albion MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Hello all. This is to anyone in the Michigan area who would like to go to Silver Lake sand dunes. We are thinking some time in the middle of June. Last time we had a cook out at lunch time. Everyone brought something to pass. We had a great time. There are many motels in the area to stay at. I stayed at Comfort Inn at Hart Michigan. Comfort Inn was like $60 per night for a 2 queen bed room. The motel is 5 min from dunes and you pass it on the way to the dunes. I guess post a reply on the date you would like to go on, and we can see what day gets more response. Maybe some of the guys from out west could make it this time.

Eric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am in whenever you guys want to go, assuming I don't have to work. As far as Memorial Day weekend goes, you guys are nuts, it is so flippin packed up there you wouldnt believe it. If you thought it was busy last time we were there, HA! If you really want to beat the crowd, any weekday is pretty good. Im not sure how many of you can get time off work for that tho, but anyway, we will figure it out.:cool:

I was thinking June 15 or 22. These are Saturday's. Lets get some input from some other people as to what they think also.

Eric

I was up there last weekend and got my truck stuck in a water hole. I was only stuck for about 10 seconds but enough time to have water flowing in my truck. When I was out a guy I was with said he couldn't see my taillights cause they were under water. Anyways, I'm headin up Memorial Weekend too. I'm always down to go to the dunes.

Other dunes? Not sure what you mean. I guess so far there are three people who want to go. I hope there are more people.

Eric

Id try to make it one of those dates,looks like Im off both. Ill keep an eye on this thread.
VairKing ,Yea middle of the week would be great for a shift worker like me not sure how many others it would work for.

I can go in mid june sometime. I gotta go to Purdue to take some tests, and then i thought i'd swing up to the dunes and have some fun. This time i'm bringing my rig

Is this place located in the UP or Lower part of Micigan? I may try and get out there, dont know if I will have my lift+tires in yet, will a stocker 4x4 make it alright do you think?

Thanks for the help

-Matt

Silver lake is in the lower penisula, about half way up the west side of the state. Its right on lake Michigan. Stock trucks do fine, mine is completly stock, and I havnt got stuck. Most of the time I just have it in 2 wheel drive, and do fine. Hope to see ya up there!

Who is gonna battle the lines an be up there this weekend? My family has a cottage, so ill be up there, ill prolly get out to the dunes once or twice, we shall see...Look for me, Green 91 EB!

Well I guess there is not a very good intrest in this trip. So I guess I will just be planing on going myself. Maybe next time we can get a bigger turn out.

Eric

BUMP! Who wants to go June 22??? Let me know, as I will probably be up there!

have fun guys! I know that area is quite fun.
I have to get back to Michigan sometime (I lost my bet with the kitty from the f-150 board that the avs would beat the red wings) so I gotta come up sometime, whenever she says I can, LOL.

Come on, somebody must want to go Saturday????? Or will I be the only Explorer to dominate the dunes?

I think I might head up there on the 29th. Not 100% for sure tho

Back