• Register Today It's free!

Sirius Travel Link

Jrister24

Reaction score
City, State
Sterrett, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 GMC Sierra
My Sirius Travel Link worked flawlessly for about a month, but the past month and a half, the weather radar nor fuel prices will refresh. I really liked having a radar over my nav screen so I could see when I was getting to rain. Also, the gas price feature was awesome! It still shows $3.10 for guess prices & won't refresh with current prices. It shows me as "subscribed" to all services. I really don't want to call sirius because I don't think it's a sirius issue & if you have ever talked with a rep from sirius you know it's not fun!

Thanks for any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is a sirius issue. My family's other two vehicles, '10 F-150 and '11 Edge, both have the travel link and the weather wont download, nor with fuel prices update. Its whoever supplys that info to sirius.

Whoever supplies the fuel price data to sirius is always completely off. I have an iphone app that provides fuel prices much better. I like my sirius radio and thougt the travel link might be kinda cool, but I don't find myself using the travel link much. Anyone have any idea how much the travel link subscription is on top of the sat. radio? I may not be renewing that part when the time comes.

Sirius Traffic with Travel Link $5.99
Sirius Traffic only $3.99
Sirius Travel Link only $1.99

Does anyone know if Sirius travel link is linked to a sirius subscription?

I was going to renew my Sirius subscription when it comes up with a US subscription instead of a Canadian one. I was wondering if I could get the travel link then. Now that I think of it it probably won't give me any info in canada anyways.

I was going to renew my Sirius subscription when it comes up with a US subscription instead of a Canadian one. I was wondering if I could get the travel link then. Now that I think of it it probably won't give me any info in canada anyways.

Apparently some info does work, Im going to do the same as you as I have an address in the USA. Worth a trial period at least.

Hey Finch,

So I did some research and found that Sirius actually has its own Canada site. Please visit http://www.sirius.ca/ to find out about Sirius Radio subscriptions in Canada. I hope this site is helpful to you.

Seni

I know they do Seni, but for some reason FORD short changes Canadian customers with services, ie. Sirius traverl link. I know this could be a Sirius Canada issue(they are brutal up here).

For some of us who have dual addresses(vacation home in the states) we are wondering if we sign up with Sirus US(which is legal) if we get some of the sirius travel functionality..

Seni, maybe you can check in to see why , Siruis travel link, directions and info are not available to candian owners??? Is it a licensing thing, Sirius, or a ford thing?? Probably all of the above..

Its frustraing to only get 95% of a vehicle that our friends to the south get..

Weather radar issue

Anyone else have trouble with the weather map not repositioning itself as the vehicle moves? I start out at home and go about 22 miles until the vehicle icon runs off the map. The only way I have found to reset is to exit the map and restart. I am sure it is something simple but, I cannot figure it out.

Weather map stationary

Anyone else have trouble with the weather map not repositioning itself as the vehicle moves? I start out at home and go about 22 miles until the vehicle icon runs off the map. The only way I have found to reset is to exit the map and restart. I am sure it is something simple but, I cannot figure it out.

Mine is the same way. It is not like just having the radar overlaid on the GPS. It seems that the radar is a point in time. I assumed this was normal, but would like to hear if anyone's acts differently.

I know they do Seni, but for some reason FORD short changes Canadian customers with services, ie. Sirius traverl link. I know this could be a Sirius Canada issue(they are brutal up here).

For some of us who have dual addresses(vacation home in the states) we are wondering if we sign up with Sirus US(which is legal) if we get some of the sirius travel functionality..

Seni, maybe you can check in to see why , Siruis travel link, directions and info are not available to candian owners??? Is it a licensing thing, Sirius, or a ford thing?? Probably all of the above..

Its frustraing to only get 95% of a vehicle that our friends to the south get..

I just called and spoke to Sirius about that very issue. According to the Sirius person I spoke with they had just received an update that Travel Link features were going to be available to Canadians in the next few months.

The 2012MY Canadian builds of Ford and Chrysler vehicles will have it standard, we (11 EX) have get yet another update in order to activate the features. He confirmed its software not hardware for the 2011MY.

It's interesting that for years XM Canada offered similar XM Traffic Services in Canada. Even though the US Sirius/XM merger has been complete for years the Canadian Sirius/XM merger just completed.

Also if a Canadian signs up a US subscription its fine but the Sirius rep mentioned to wait and do it at the end of our free trial because changing ends the trial.

I have an 09 F150 Lariat with nav. The screen looks the same but it tracks your vehicle as you drive so you always see what kind of weather is ahead (or behind) you. Hopefully there is a solution. I am not going to pay $$$ for the way it works now!!!

Sirius weather does not follow your car with this system. I'm really disappointed in this.

The past two days, both the traffic and weather information is missing (June 9 and June 10).

If this is the best they can do, I'm cancelling soon.

Can anyone verify that this service is ready for prime-time?

Is it Sirius or is it Ford that's missed the boat here?

Mine is the same way. It is not like just having the radar overlaid on the GPS. It seems that the radar is a point in time. I assumed this was normal, but would like to hear if anyone's acts differently.
Mine works but there can be delays in the download. The other day the symbology updated before the radar plots, The radar plot was from the night before. A few minutes later it updated the radar with significant changes. I love the weather map when there is stormy weather in the area.

I have less than a month left on my trial, and Sirius called yesterday (several times a day, until we picked up). They offer Ford and Lincoln radio package just over $120 a year (non premium). They went on to explain there are three different receivers: the radio, traffic (Road advisories/Accidents), and travel link (weather, gas prices, movies and sports scores). Pricing for the last two are at http://www.siriusxm.com/travellink. $6 for both. Travel Link is only $2. We did use the traffic on Friday night city commute yesterday. It was pretty accurate.

I may go for the Travel Link only annually, and subscribe for the Radio/Traffic monthly only when doing some significant traveling.

I am still looking for something that explains the weather map symbols...

I may go for the Travel Link only annually, and subscribe for the Radio/Traffic monthly only when doing some significant traveling.

I am still looking for something that explains the weather map symbols...

I believe all the Sirius data packages (traffic and/or travel link) require an annual subscription.

Back