Sirius Travel Link | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius Travel Link

JustAiks

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I searched the threads for some more info on the Travel Link portion of Sirius Satellite radio but couldn't find much...

In my 2013 Limited, I find that all of the travel link items, Weather, Sports, Fuel, Movies, etc, refresh every time I restart the car. Additionally, the Fuel Prices service never seems to fully populate because the circular "waiting" icon next to the title never goes away and when I tap on it, I get the message that data is still downloading. I drove the car an hour yesterday and all services eventually populated except for the Fuel service.

Any tips or tricks for this one? Otherwise, with the exception of no audible texts still with an iPhone 5, everything else seems to be running fine.

Thanks!
Justin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2013 Ex as well and my Sirius Travel Link is doing the same thing.

Everything works except the Fuel prices, which just keeps spinning.

Maybe Rebecca can advise if this is a reported bug after update v3.5.1?

It seems to me, fuel prices worked the DAY I drove it home from the dealer when they upgraded me to 3.5.1. Then, every day since then, I get the spinny rim next to the option. Maybe it is a bug?

When I renewed my Sirius subscription in the fall, I mentioned that I didn't want to pay for that feature because the gas prices (and sometimes traffic alerts) did not work. The Sirius CSR said it has to do with the Explorers ability to download the information. If signal was interrupted or weak, the travel alert info is the last thing updated.

However, when I have had my problems I have been in the middle of gods country on interstate. Not a whole lot to interrupt a signal in that area. :(

Hi there -

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with our Travel Link services. We need more details about your Explorer as well as your radio. If you wouldn't mind sending us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, we'll be more than happy to troubleshoot with you there.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Wow.. sirius support on the boards, that's awesome.

To the OP, usually when I have this problem I eject the SD card, and plug it back in, and everything is resolved within a minute. You might want to give it a shot.

Wow.. sirius support on the boards, that's awesome.

To the OP, usually when I have this problem I eject the SD card, and plug it back in, and everything is resolved within a minute. You might want to give it a shot.

I tried this and 13Sport was correct, it worked now all Sirius Travel Link Services have loaded correctly.

But I got several SD Navigation Card Fault messages so I had to pull the card several times to clear it.

Hi there -

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with our Travel Link services. We need more details about your Explorer as well as your radio. If you wouldn't mind sending us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, we'll be more than happy to troubleshoot with you there.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Email sent

Back