SiriusXM tuner for non-working SAT modules in 07-10 explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM tuner for non-working SAT modules in 07-10 explorers

FHP89LX

Reaction score
City, State
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mercury Mountaineer
Hey all, I have a 2010 Mountaineer with stock radio but my satellite module is bad and I cant listen to Sirius XM. I went to Ford for a diagnostic and found that the Satellite module is bad.

I do not want to replace the radio.. I want to keep it stock
I know I can buy a used module at the junkyard but then will have to go back to Ford to program it. Where I live Ford charges $114.00 per hour.

Sirius has this tuner...

SiriusXM SXV300v1

Can I use this tuner to replace the factory module? This plugs behind the radio so I am guessing this is an option to get my SAT working again?

The connectors are different. I'm not sure why ford would have to program it? SXM should be able to activate it once you give them the SAT ID number that is on the unit.

The connectors are different. I'm not sure why ford would have to program it? SXM should be able to activate it once you give them the SAT ID number that is on the unit.
No, if I buy a junkyard Satellite module to replace my bad one, Ford would have to reprogram that module for it to work. I was referring to the Sirius tuner. If I get the Sirius tuner, would anyone know if it will work?

Back