Slave cyl. QD tool?

Arnold D.

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
The guy at the parts store sold me a fuel line QD tool and said it would work
on the slave cylinder quick disconnect on my 96, but it doesn't appear to. Is there a special tool for the slave QD? Does it just push in on the white plastic sleeve surrounding the collar to disconect the "fingers" like the ones on the fuel lines?

no

Uh, the fuel line and slave cyl tools are two different things. Parts counter guy must be confused.

The fuel line tool is designed so you can push into a sleeve and disconnect the teeth that clamp around the fitting like on a fuel filter, the slave cyl tool is just a flat piece of metal with a circular cutout the same size as the fitting that comes out of the tranny- it just makes it easier to get the right amount of force around the fitting to get it to come off easier than just using a screwdriver.

So yes, you're right on about it pushing on the white sleeve, but the slave fitting doesnt have the fingers like a fuel line fitting.

Finally got it. I went back again and the guy found the right tool.
Man, this clutch is taking a long time to replace. I started to get the flywheel turned today but the guy at the transmission shop said to check it to make sure
it doesn't have any low spots first. If it looks pretty straight, he said to clean it and rought it up a but with sandpaper..... from what he said, the hydraulic cluthes are more sensative to flywheel resurfacing than are manual cluthes.

Back