bigred4x4

Off-road enthusiast
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
chesapeake virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 xlt 4x4
so i installed a 80 series toyota snorkel on my 2nd gen but man there just isnt a lot of room in the fender to hook it up to the canister. Im looking at some flexible hose maybe i have to go to 3 inch to 2 inch in very little room if any body has done this install can you please post a pic or suggestions of how you hooked up the snorkel.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

would going with 1.5 inch hose to connect restrict to much airflow?

It all depends on where on the fender you installed yours.

I went straight into the airbox:
76EECA73-EE81-4229-BD1F-1405559DC44D.jpg

18624DBB-4996-435A-A62A-EA37E0CDB129.jpg

3EE6022D-B9EF-4378-A3B8-FCE9B8D2F48E.jpg

well i think i got it its pretty elaborate a 3x2 rubber donut adapter to fit into trimmed inlet on snorkel used a street 2" 90 and glued a 2" shop vac hose into 90 with transition abs to pvc cement and ran the hose to a rubber 2" 90 attached to canister box inlet and sealed with silicone. whew! there has got to be an easier snorkel to install on the explorer

well i think i got it its pretty elaborate a 3x2 rubber donut adapter to fit into trimmed inlet on snorkel used a street 2" 90 and glued a 2" shop vac hose into 90 with transition abs to pvc cement and ran the hose to a rubber 2" 90 attached to canister box inlet and sealed with silicone. whew! there has got to be an easier snorkel to install on the explorer

Pictures?

Back