Some MODs today... Swiss Cheese, silencer, silencer panel and K&N .. SOTP=YES!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some MODs today... Swiss Cheese, silencer, silencer panel and K&N .. SOTP=YES!!!

getting a good tuner is half the battle. especially for over the web tunes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

was the best i guess if he closed shop...

So I just did this mod to my Ex today in conjunction with a 66mm BBK throttle body i picked up earlier this week and all I have to say is wow! The throttle response and power I got from these mods has really given the ex new life. Plus with my Gibson exhaust I'm in love. Thanks for the idea on this.

So I just did this mod to my Ex today in conjunction with a 66mm BBK throttle body i picked up earlier this week and all I have to say is wow! The throttle response and power I got from these mods has really given the ex new life. Plus with my Gibson exhaust I'm in love. Thanks for the idea on this.

Which ones did you do.?

V8? WhAts the stock size throttle body?

So went and filled up with some 93 and installed the 93 tune in the box from SCT and immediately noticed some pinging. So pulled over and backed off to the 91 octane tune and the pinging stopped. I think this was probably due to there still being a few gallons of 87 in the line and tank - so better safe than sorry.

During that tank of gas (on a road trip) saw close to 400 miles on one tank. During the few times that I did get on it - there seemed to be a bit of SOTP increased power - but not as much as when I did the airbox mod.

Next tank of gas (after it ran down to practically empty) went back to the 93 tune and pinging was gone. A bit more SOTP improvement was observed.

Now waiting on Henson's tune to see how that goes.

which gibson exhaust did you get and from where? can you post some pics?

Does the tip come out at the factory location? I really want one that comes out on the side by the rear tire.

Yes it does. They all come with a crome tip which looks pretty good with it. Nothing to major but still gives a little pop.

It may have changed throttle response a bit, but it appears you now have a hot air intake pulling-in engine bay heat?

The stock air box is a good cool air intake design. I opened-up the front hole in the airbox, installed a large tube to reach out in front of the engine compartment and grab the cooler air. Then I insulated the air box from the engine bay heat.

Go man and enjoy. I am going to put a vacuum nipple on my air box and connect a vacuum gauge. I want to make sure there is no vacuum in the box at WOT.

U can also go thru the Inner Fenderwell for more cool air to the Airbox like many newer cars do.

Attachments

• FENDER CAI 2.jpg
    FENDER CAI 2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 63
  • FENDER CAI.jpg
    FENDER CAI.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 66
  • AIRBOX HOLE.jpg
    AIRBOX HOLE.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 69

Back