City, State
Honolulu, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS
*************FOR SALE***************

Pioneer TS-A6865 3-way 6 X 8 speakers

- 2 pair

- $70.00 per pair

Used the speakers for 2 months while putting together my real system. Never amped...just run off my Alpine HU. Nice speakers. I do not have the box's anymore (sorry), but I will box them up safely/securely for anybody that is interested. I will pay for shipping.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they blown? any damage?

i;m interested when i get the mulla!!!!!! if theres nothing wrong w/ them!

how much bass ya get from them and how much volume come from them if run off the HU?

zero damage........not blown!! I prefer component's and thought I'd give the fellow X owners first dibs:D. Bass was not the greatest...they are only 6 X 8's, but decent for a first system. Dynamat really enhanced these speakers. Power from HU.....will depend on what brand/type of HU you have. Generally, most HU's put out no more than 14 to 20 watts per channel, if your lucky.

i still got the stock HU.

put it this way. does it sound better than stock speakers?

Yes...they sound better than the stockers but not by much.......only noticed about a 50% improvement over the stock speakers. What really woke these things up was my aftermarket HU and Dynamat or some other type of sound damping material!!!

http://members.cardomain.com/scotts1

i'll think about buying them. no that important to me right now.

one question. whats the diference from 2 way speakers and 3 way speakers?

Speaker sale

Actually, not much difference at all between the sound of 3-ways & 2-ways. The only difference visually, is the additionional speaker on the 3-way's. Frequencies are split up between the three just like the 2-way's....but....being that they are placed right on top of the woofer....the sound deifference is minimal.

2-way speakers actually have 2 seperate speakers, usually a woofer cone for the bass, and a tweeter for the highs.

3-way speakers have 3 seperate speakers. 1 Woofer. 1 mid size tweeter for mids, and one small tweeter for the highs.

Most stock car audio speakers you find are 2 ways, with a cheap paper cone as the tweeter.

3 Way speakers are more expensive usually because when you split the sound up between 3 seperate speakers, you have greater control over the overall sound response from the entire speaker, which in turn means sound with a lot more clarity.

Back