• Register Today It's free!

Speaking of gas mileage

KPMoore

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, BC Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Track
Since there are a few mileage related threads, I figured I would add one more. How's this for gas mileage extreme. (Don't forget all figures are in km because I am in Canada). Normally I drive my truck in the city and since I live at the top of a pretty good hill, I do alot of hill driving. Basically i get around 400KM to a tank of gas, which works out to around 250 miles. This is from about 60 litres of gas or about 18 gallons. The mileage is somewhere around 14 mpg. Which considering the hill driving I do, I think is pretty good.

Yesterday I went on a long distance drive for work. Basically all interstate driving and kept the truck at around 65-70 mph. I filled up just before I started and got a whopping 640km from a tank of gas. Which works out to around 400 miles, using the same volume of the tank that works out to 22 mpg. Seems to me that is an extreme difference. I guess living on the hill and the light to light driving really takes its tool.

Kevin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 1996 v6 OHV. I get about 13 around town and about 17 on the highway.

You'll get better mileage on the highway compared to driving in the city also your driving habits will also effect your driving. I noticed since my body lift, my truck is actually getting close to normal cause I've changed my driving habits.

KP
I also get 22 on the interstates no problem, don't forget that anything on the flats over 45MPH and your runnin in OD, helps alot, if you have an auto trans of course

Try and get 25 MPG. If I can do it with my gears (And dino oil), anybody can. :)

i think i've maxxed mine out at 18 mpg,

and thats as good as its gonna get without modifications :burnout:

Back