• Register Today It's free!

spearker size and installation

kps36

Reaction score
City, State
Matthews, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport 4x4
I have searched for some answers for a couple of questions I have.
I have a 95 2d Sport.
I assume I have 6x8 all around?
Is this correct?.
Also, what is the procedure for install if I wish to keep the stock grill covers in place.
Do I really have to take the panels off?
Please advise.

I'm not sure how different your 95 sport is from my 91 xlt, but if it is the same, you have 6x8s (you might have 5x7, but I don't know). The door panel can come off without harming the factory grill. If you want to replace the speakers, there are a few companies that make 6x8s that should fit perfectly, or you could probably customize the hole for 6x9s and still keep the factory grills.

------------------
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
-Ralph Wiggum

The panel I am questioning is, because it is a 2D, the one in back of the doors. It doesn't look too friendly to take off, and I can't see but one push-pin holding it on.

Has anyone done a 2D speaker, both, replacement and what steps are involved.

Thnx for the info on size.

Actually, if it anything like the early models, it's actually easier than the fronts. Just put your fingers at the top of the metal grill, push down and pull out. That's it, putting the grill back in is just the same.

6x8 or 5x7s, both will fit; if you get an adapter you can even put components in if you'd like. People are arguing that 6x8s are putting out a lot more bass than 5x7s, but tons more companies make high end 5x7s than 6x8s. It's up to you to decide.

[This message has been edited by JTang (edited 05-17-2000).]

Back