Speed governor to LOWER speed limit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Speed governor to LOWER speed limit

Dennis J.A.A.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orfordville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Interceptor
No reason in Hell I would have to go over 85 MPH anywhere in the United States.
I would like to LOWER the governor so that if it gets stolen it will not out run any LEO.
Anyway, it would have to really piss off the thief and get him/her/it (whatever is politically correct today) caught!
I have not tried out the FORScan to do any of the changes yet. Just wondering if it is in there or not!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't suppose interceptors have MyKey, do they?

It won't really outrun the police, since they will be driving the same car. It will just be driver ability that wins the race.

I don't suppose interceptors have MyKey, do they?
There are 2 references to MyKey in the 2017 Interceptor Manual but there is no actual information about its function or how to set it up.

Peter

Lots of people manage to evade police without going over 85MPH, or don't get away, get in a wreck that kills, or totals the vehicle. I don't see the point, does too little to only limit it to 85MPH.

Pick a vital circuit and put in a cutout switch. Even if a thief knows how to get it started by defeating factory security, they'll have no idea where or if there is a cutoff switch, will be too much unknown and too much time to spend rather than moving on to a different vehicle.

work smarter, not harder ;) dont make the car work herder than it has to

Back