• Register Today It's free!

Spindle lift?

Tony Raine

Reaction score
City, State
Bono, AR (outside Jonesboro)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
does anyone make a spindle lift for a 2wd '01 explorer sport? will one for a ranger work? do i need new shocks? i plan on using an add a leaf and shackle to raise the rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

explorer pro comp makes the one i just bought took me over 6 months looking for someone who has one...
I finally got one and got it on last wekeend..
jc whtney and 4 wheel parts both sell one for it ...also try ebay..

Try AIM Industries/Western Chassis.. They have spindles, shocks, springs.. the only bad thing with them is all parts have to be ordered seperately, they don't offer a kit

never tried aim but i will vouch for procomp or fabtech... they have lift spindles... if the spindels are for a ranger edge, they will fit also.... but not sure what to do abotu the brakes as the ranger edge had bigger brakes...

what is the deal with the spindels? every place i find the lift spindels it says "only use with stock offset wheels only, if you use with aftermarket offset wheels they will break!" WTF?

Hartman said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33585&item=7973946287&rd=1

This are basically Pro Comps except cheaper. You can run any rim you want. The Fabtech spindles have some rubbing issues with certain rims, but these do not.
Nice price..................................of course, on an Explorer, you can throw those lift blocks in the trash, but that is a dam nice price on the spindles!!!!

edit: ebay feedabck log - "I installed your lift kit on my '98 2wd Explorer, and now the front is 5" taller than the back" :D

be advised if you get that kit that hartman posted you will need to get add a leafs or shackles or both afterward, as that kit comes with a block, that will not work on the explroer as it is an sping under design and not a spring over liek the stock ranger

jimabena74 said:
be advised if you get that kit that hartman posted you will need to get add a leafs or shackles or both afterward, as that kit comes with a block, that will not work on the explroer as it is an sping under design and not a spring over liek the stock ranger

Duh. :p

bump..

does anyone have any experience with these? that $299 pricetag looks a lot better than the $394 tag on the fabtechs. With no heavy off-roading (the occasional dirt road "shortcut" to work, especially when it rains), should these suffice?

I know a ton of guys over at the Offroad Rangers board that have used them and none of them have had problems. They are exactly the same as the Procomps, made from the same cast.

those are the exact ones i ordered. They should be here by next week so I can let you know how they go.

wow im glad you chimed in at the last second there, hartman.. i was 2 minutes away from ordering the fabtechs.. thanks. Ill probably be getting those then.

i decided to go with the fabtechs. $100 more, but hey..

they say 'fabtech' on them :rolleyes:

For an 01 sport, would I have to change my brakes?

Anyone got a part number for the FabTechs? Pro Comp?
Thanks!

can you do a spindle lift on a 4x4 x? i no a kid with a tahoe 4x4 (yuck chevy) running a spindel lift. Is a spindel lift better the the free 2inch tt?

Back