Split second row without console; floor liners? ...Help finding this thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Split second row without console; floor liners? ...Help finding this thread

JimiJak

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Rapids, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
I'm sure it has to be here somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me...

I have a 14 Sport with the second row buckets and no center console (stock). I am looking for a set of friggin floor liners (all three rows) and if I have to read one more post about weathertechs vs huskys and the coverage vs aesthetics debate while trying to find what's out there that covers the aisle-way between buckets I'm going to vomit. lol

I know my options are limited...but if anyone has any insight or can send me a link to the thread that discusses this I would appreciate it.

Thanks guys!!

Jack

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sure it has to be here somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me...

I have a 14 Sport with the second row buckets and no center console (stock). I am looking for a set of friggin floor liners (all three rows) and if I have to read one more post about weathertechs vs huskys and the coverage vs aesthetics debate while trying to find what's out there that covers the aisle-way between buckets I'm going to vomit. lol

I know my options are limited...but if anyone has any insight or can send me a link to the thread that discusses this I would appreciate it.

Thanks guys!!

Jack
Is this the one you are looking for;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377712&highlight=floor+liners

Peter

PeterK9,

Thanks for the search tips in the PM, but I did all that... Under the link to the floor mats discussion you gave me I, the only talk in that thread about the second row aisle coverage is you, and reads:
>> Quote:
>> Originally Posted by ExplorerQueen
>> My 2014 EX hasn't arrived yet, but I want to be prepped when it does. I >> want good quality all weather floor mats but my EX will have the 2nd row >> bucket with no console, so I need one that fits there too, as I will have >>little ones going back and forth. Any suggestions?
<< PeterK9 - As I mentioned in my PM to you, there are several threads on <<this topic. I have moved yours to this one so that you can check out the <<previous posts.
<<Hope your new Explorer arrives soon.
<<Peter

and it doesn't have any responses to this issue, just talk about Husky vs WT and group buys / cargo coverage. So after exhausting the advanced search and google search functions, I am still at a loss...I can't believe there isn't already a thread discussing coverage options. So please help me find what I'm missing here.

Just to be clear I am looking for floor liners that will cover the aisleway from the second to third row, in between the second row bucket seats, where the console would go. I know the husky covers here...but that's the only option I can find.

Thanks!! :D

PeterK9,

Thanks for the search tips in the PM, but I did all that... Under the link to the floor mats discussion you gave me I, the only talk in that thread about the second row aisle coverage is you, and reads:
>> Quote:
>> Originally Posted by ExplorerQueen
>> My 2014 EX hasn't arrived yet, but I want to be prepped when it does. I >> want good quality all weather floor mats but my EX will have the 2nd row >> bucket with no console, so I need one that fits there too, as I will have >>little ones going back and forth. Any suggestions?
<< PeterK9 - As I mentioned in my PM to you, there are several threads on <<this topic. I have moved yours to this one so that you can check out the <<previous posts.
<<Hope your new Explorer arrives soon.
<<Peter

and it doesn't have any responses to this issue, just talk about Husky vs WT and group buys / cargo coverage. So after exhausting the advanced search and google search functions, I am still at a loss...I can't believe there isn't already a thread discussing coverage options. So please help me find what I'm missing here.

Just to be clear I am looking for floor liners that will cover the aisleway from the second to third row, in between the second row bucket seats, where the console would go. I know the husky covers here...but that's the only option I can find.

Thanks!! :D
Okay, is this the one you are talking about? http://www.huskyliners.com/product-detail/?category=17
Here is what Weathertech shows for no 2nd row console; http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2014/explorer/floorliner-digitalfit/2nd-row-floor-console/no/

Peter

Close Peter lol. Yes, the Husky weatherbeater floor liners have the coverage I am looking for, but I'm curious to find what else covers that area.
In my explorer you can get in the rear passenger doors and without moving the seats, walk back to the third row via the aisle in between the 2nd row bucket seats.
So...second row buckets...no console. This leaves a strip of open carpet from the 2nd to the 3rd row.
Weathertech unfortunately assumes if you have NO console, you must have a bench seat...so weathertech's offer without a console still does not cover where the console would be.

I feel like I'm being convoluted in my description...but it's really quite simple:
photos

Does this help??

I ordered the maxfloormat kit off of amazon. My explorer has the center console so I am unsure if their "without center console" option covers the space your are requesting.

My Husky liners cover the area where the console is supposed to go just fine, what's wrong with them?

My Husky liners cover the area where the console is supposed to go just fine, what's wrong with them?

Well, to be honest, when you spend $40k on custom ordering a brand new vehicle to show up with the finest details exactly the way you want them, the Husky's are a bit on the lackluster side of things to say the least.
As far as coverage goes, I haven't found anything to beat them...or really even come close. And they're the only ones I've found that cover the second row aisle. They're just not very aesthetically pleasing.

As an example, the Aries 3d floor liners look great IMO. I would totally be willing to sacrifice some small coverage areas here and there if they offered a second row bucket option...but sadly they don't...yet.
I've been in contact with one of the sales reps and the R&D team. I've gotta say that so far their customer service has been very impressive, and I'm not even a customer of theirs (yet). They intend on building a set to satisfy the ever growingly popular second row buckets with/without console...but nothing in sight post production for at least a year. In the mean time, I've picked up a set of the Husky's given limited alternatives.

I know that was a long winded version of "they're ugly" but I thought elaborating would be more helpful. ;)

Well, to be honest, when you spend $40k on custom ordering a brand new vehicle to show up with the finest details exactly the way you want them, the Husky's are a bit on the lackluster side of things to say the least.
As far as coverage goes, I haven't found anything to beat them...or really even come close. And they're the only ones I've found that cover the second row aisle. They're just not very aesthetically pleasing.

As an example, the Aries 3d floor liners look great IMO. I would totally be willing to sacrifice some small coverage areas here and there if they offered a second row bucket option...but sadly they don't...yet.
I've been in contact with one of the sales reps and the R&D team. I've gotta say that so far their customer service has been very impressive, and I'm not even a customer of theirs (yet). They intend on building a set to satisfy the ever growingly popular second row buckets with/without console...but nothing in sight post production for at least a year. In the mean time, I've picked up a set of the Husky's given limited alternatives.

I know that was a long winded version of "they're ugly" but I thought elaborating would be more helpful. ;)
What did you end up doing with? I just bought aport with second town bucket seets sans console and would love to know what your searching came up with!

What did you end up doing with? I just bought aport with second town bucket seets sans console and would love to know what your searching came up with!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't think you should be waiting for a reply from that member. The last time he was seen here was June 7, 2014!
What exactly are you looking for?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't think you should be waiting for a reply from that member. The last time he was seen here was June 7, 2014!
What exactly are you looking for?

Peter
Thanks Peter. I’m looking for what floor mat options there are for second and third row with no console. :)

These seem to be the most popular companies. I've also included links from this forum. There are others.
Husky also has the X-Act Contour liners.

Peter

These seem to be the most popular companies. I've also included links from this forum. There are others.
Husky also has the X-Act Contour liners.

Peter
Thank you so much!

Back