Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Callsign
PRINCE51
I thought it's time to start a thread dedicated to tuning a 17 Sport.

Has anyone with a 17 Sport that's been ordered or delivered looked into tuning?

Typically Livernois is first to market, but I'm an SCT owner and will be looking for Torrie to provide some 17 Sport tuning support.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't believe it would be any different than tuning previous Sport models. Aren't they all using the same engine?

Peter

I don't believe it would be any different than tuning previous Sport models. Aren't they all using the same engine?

Peter

Apparently lots of differences, engine strategy for one.

I have an SCT iTSX tuner, I'd love to put it to use on my EXSport.

ECU cals can and do change year over year, but they do routinely change mid year as well. Typically there are a grouping of X number of strategies that are sent out into the wild, and as there are issues found there are revisions made or sometimes they can scrap an entire code family.

The engine strategy is actually a calibration code for the computer in your car. It is actually your ECU calibration, or as I like to refer to it, the language that your car's computer speaks. It just makes more sense when put that way. The other thing that you will hear made mention of is the SW (software) part ID#. think of this as your car's fingerprint. Even in vehicles that are identical in every way can have 2 completely different pairings of codes.

I thought it's time to start a thread dedicated to tuning a 17 Sport.

Has anyone with a 17 Sport that's been ordered or delivered looked into tuning?

Typically Livernois is first to market, but I'm an SCT owner and will be looking for Torrie to provide some 17 Sport tuning support.

Ironically, Michigan is usually the last on the release schedule. Look at the RS or Mustang deliveries. Most of the initial deliveries were to clients on the west coast. I cannot comment on why this is, but it is odd.

Don't worry Sarge, we still like you;)

So, do you have anything cooking for the '17 Sports yet? Particularly something that could help me make use of my SCT tuner? :)

Unfortunately, there just is not enough memory capacity in an SCT unit. Our larger tuning files do not fit. Nor does the software support all of the things that we address in our tuning.

I have a 2017 Platinum that I would like to tune. What are my options? Thx!

Ive been talking with the guys at Livernois and I'm about to order the LPP631131 Tuner, 3 Bar Map Sensor, and Thermostat for my '17 Sport.
I was told they,ve tuned a few '17s already.

Hello all. I just bought a 2016 sport. I would like to get a tuner for it but not sure which one to get. Also, I was told that any type of tuner would void warranty? Is this true. Even if I were to put it back to the stock tune before I were to take it in? What are some other good mods? Would a cold air do anything? Just for the sound, are there any BOVs out there? Thank you

SCT has the strategy code from my 17 sport and are working on it.

I have an SCT X4, did they say how much?

How much??
If you mean how long, I was told a few weeks but I honestly don't believe it.

How much??
If you mean how long, I was told a few weeks but I honestly don't believe it.

No, How much for the new tunes, normally you get some canned tunes when you buy the X4 then you're required to pay for any extra after that.

I'd be interested in some minor tuning on my new 17 Explorer sport, but I'd only consider warranty friendly tunes. I hear that Ford Racing is providing tunes for Mustangs, but haven't seen anything for other models.

I got a response back from Torrie at Unleashed Tuning today. He advises SCT has not released anything yet for the 17 model year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, How much for the new tunes, normally you get some canned tunes when you buy the X4 then you're required to pay for any extra after that.

I bought a x4 but it has no canned tunes because the strategy cannot be unlocked yet.
I can run data logs and look at certain parameters but that is about it for now.

Back