Steering Wheel Off-Center | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steering Wheel Off-Center

Finally got the car back from the dealership, and the problem is fixed! It turns out that the front passenger tire was defective. Ford told the dealer to swap it out, and that did the trick. This is the same tire that was replaced by the first dealership.

Now, I have to take the Ex back to the first dealer to get them to repaint or replace my front passenger wheel. When they replaced the tire due to a nail that was picked up while they had it, they scraped my wheel pretty bad. I have a base model with the black steel wheels, and they scraped it down to the bare metal. There's about a 10" scrape on the outer edge of the wheel. They said they repainted it, but whatever they used is worn off, and the wheel has a rust spot on it. I'm not sure what they supposedly used, but it didn't last two weeks.

I appreciate all the tips and advice from everyone. Thank you.

Please help. I have a 2017 Ford Explorer. I drive carefully and take good care of my EX. The issue i have is that my steering wheel is not straight, but the car drives perfect. How can the steering wheel be straight being an electronic steering. I took it to Sears to check wheel alignment and is was good, but tech told be that being electric steering that had be be done at the dealer, is that true or bs ?

Please help. I have a 2017 Ford Explorer. I drive carefully and take good care of my EX. The issue i have is that my steering wheel is not straight, but the car drives perfect. How can the steering wheel be straight being an electronic steering. I took it to Sears to check wheel alignment and is was good, but tech told be that being electric steering that had be be done at the dealer, is that true or bs ?

It is electric assist instead of a pump but still the same basic steering system up front. They can make an adjustment tonstraighten the wheel but my guess is the dealer will charge you for a full alignment to do it.

Got my money back from Sears Auto Repair. Called my Ford Dealer Repair Shop and made appointment. They will do since Ford Replaced my tires on premature ware ... Will post update.

Back