Still no luck:/ hoping y'all can help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Still no luck:/ hoping y'all can help

Cher

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited Explorer
We own a 2011 Explorer Limited- we take to shop had a knocking sound. felt more of a clunky banging sound. Especially going over bumps even small ones. Took to shop said it was shocks replaced the back ones and then the front ones. Which ford has been on back order on struts for a minute get vehicle and I was like okay sounds good drives better but dang that darn knock sound is still there when go over soft,mild,or hard bumps. Has been a full week yet uggghh not frustrated yet but gonna be so. Any Advise please had a scion for years never a problem just changed oil,tires, brake pads....don't want to be stuck like chuck just sayin lol! TIA Cher:):eek::exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We own a 2011 Explorer Limited- we take to shop had a knocking sound. felt more of a clunky banging sound. Especially going over bumps even small ones. Took to shop said it was shocks replaced the back ones and then the front ones. Which ford has been on back order on struts for a minute get vehicle and I was like okay sounds good drives better but dang that darn knock sound is still there when go over soft,mild,or hard bumps. Has been a full week yet uggghh not frustrated yet but gonna be so. Any Advise please had a scion for years never a problem just changed oil,tires, brake pads....don't want to be stuck like chuck just sayin lol! TIA Cher:):eek::exp:

Might sound crazy but check the spare tire. I've had one the jack handle wasn't properly installed.

Roger
2014 XLT in Ruby Red (wife's)

By "shop" do you mean a Ford Dealer or an independent repair facility? Either way find someone else to look at the vehicle. This type noise should not be rocket science to determine and fix.......

By "shop" do you mean a Ford Dealer or an independent repair facility? Either way find someone else to look at the vehicle. This type noise should not be rocket science to determine and fix.......
Plum, that's the most optimistic thing I've read all day.;)

Peter

Back