Striker bolt bushings for rear doors? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Striker bolt bushings for rear doors?

mehedgec

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
Anyone know where to get them?

I found replacement striker bolts with bushings at autozone as well as bushings that will fit the rear hatch strikers. But no luck on the rear doors, they seem to be different sized.

Anyone have any luck finding them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can buy entire replacements at Autozone for $7 in the help!/Dorman section- bolts, housing, and bushings together.

Someone had done a repair using some stuff they got at Home Depot, but by the time you get it, remove everything, measure, cut, etc., it was easier to just spend $7 and replace the whole thing rather than save like $3... I replaced all of my door bushings, quieted up 99% of my creaks.

striker bolts,
the actual name for them is Nader bolts,,

You can buy entire replacements at Autozone for $7 in the help!/Dorman section- bolts, housing, and bushings together.

Someone had done a repair using some stuff they got at Home Depot, but by the time you get it, remove everything, measure, cut, etc., it was easier to just spend $7 and replace the whole thing rather than save like $3... I replaced all of my door bushings, quieted up 99% of my creaks.
So the fronts and rears are the same size? For some reason I thought otherwise.

The doors are the same, the tailgate is a different size.

I just bought complete new ones. Far easier. Need the hatch ones next.

Back