Subwoofer wiring Question

alwalker84

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
I have a kicker L7 dual 4 ohm sub.

I want to wire it to my elemental designs (nine.2x) 2 channel amp, but it not a 2 ohm amp.

My Question...

Can I wire each voice coil on the sub to its on channel on the amp? i.e. each channel on the amp to one of the 4ohm voice coils on the sub. ???????

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Amp & Sub

yes, but what is your amp rated on each channel at 4 ohm stable ,and make sure it's not to high or to low it will blow the sub if it's not getting enough juice

yes, but what is your amp rated on each channel at 4 ohm stable ,and make sure it's not to high or to low it will blow the sub if it's not getting enough juice

600W x 1 @ 4 Ohm, 300W x 2 @ 2 Ohm
200W x 2 @ 4 Ohm

Is that to low for the L7?

no but the sub won't reach it's full potential!!!!:exp:

RMS power handling is in NO WAY an indication of how much power is needed to reach a speakers "full potential".

It is merely a number that states a speaker's thermal capacity.

A subwoofer's "potential" is dependent on the enclosure and install.

anyway like i said it will work for everyday use .SPL is another question,1200W Maximum 50W-600W Rms 12-inch Subwoofer With Dual 4 Voice Coils Freq Resp: 20 Hz-100 Hz Sensitivity: 88.8 Db
The SUB will except 50w -600rms but the max is 1200W so the answer to your question is yes you can use that amp for the L7:exporangethanks Dell

Thanks alot for the answers!

I bit the bullet the other day and bought the Kicker zx750.1

So I guess the other amp is up for sale. Dunno if I should keep it tho...its still brand new pretty much.

Thanks again!

Back