Sunroof issues, need some answers. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sunroof issues, need some answers.

HardTech

Reaction score
City, State
Anna, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Lately we have been like 30 degrees above normal, so I want to make use of my sunroof in the middle of winter :rolleyes:

The problem is that I think the button that sends it forward or back is broken. I need to know how to take down the overhead console to get to the switch.

Secondly I need to know where the sunroof motor should be, so that way if the switch is fine, maybe I can check the motor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine ('00) is on with clips. I stuck my fingers under it and pulled gently. There's a tab on the roof window end... be careful not to break it.

ok, ill give it a look.

Anyone have some more details. Im all for even the smallest detail :)

Also does anyone know where to buy the switch if it is indeed the problem?

I'd probably get the switch from the dealership, or www.fastpartsnetwork.com (formerly known as FordPartsNetwork.com)

-Joe

:eek: :eek: :eek:

$33 switch, and a $400 motor!! yikes.

Well time to pull the switch out, and call up a few of my electrical engineer buddies to fix the switch if it is indeed the problem. $33 bucks for a switch... good god.

Also I looked and I could not find a tab or a clip. Could have been my angle though. Could ya explain more detail into it?

Well I figured how it came off, and then figured out how the switch worked.

So after fixing the switch (bad connection from alot of use) and putting it all back togather its in fine working condishion :)

So I can offical call this thread closed :thumbsup:

Back