• Register Today It's free!

Help! I need some answers!!!

Mongo420

Reaction score
City, State
Brookings, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4x4
Hey all! this is mongo! I used to be a jeep guy but events happend and i don't own my jeep anymore. :(....Anyway i just got my hands on a 91 explorer and i have some questions about lifting it so i can fit at least 32's if not 33's. I sure could use some help considering i know not too much about explorers. If it can wheel like my old cherokee ill be happy.
Thanks
~Mongo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lift

Hi i just recently got my first explorer it's a 1991 4x4 . just wondering what would be the best choice for a lift that would fit 33's and what issues should i note with going about a body lift and /or suspension lift. Also what would be a good choice for bumpers and light bars and the like? Like jeep has Quadratec, what is the "quadratec" for explorers?

Search?!?!?!?!

There is no "quadratec" for Explorers. there are a bunch of manuafacturers that make a few parts for the Ex, but not many. Your best bet is to read this forum LOTS, learn how to use the search function, and go to town. Everything you could ever want to know about your Ex has probably been asked and answered on here.

You have a few choices, and it all comes down to budget, skills, and ingenuity... good luck and let us know what you've learned...:thumbsup:

Skyjacker for the suspension lift (Class II gives you the extended radius arms for more flex).

Back