• Register Today It's free!

Sunroof Problems

carney64

Reaction score
City, State
Indya
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
Hello I have an 03 Explorer with the sunroof. Just recently I tried to open it and it clunked and shook the headliner. Now it will vent but not slide back in the roof. It also sounds like it does not close tightly, it whistles at speed. When I try to open it while looking at it from outside, the drivers side of the sunroof pulls back a fraction of an inch and the passengers side doesn't move. Then the motor just stops working. If there is anything I would need to look for before taking it to the dealer let me know.
Thanks

Hello I have an 03 Explorer with the sunroof. Just recently I tried to open it and it clunked and shook the headliner. Now it will vent but not slide back in the roof. It also sounds like it does not close tightly, it whistles at speed. When I try to open it while looking at it from outside, the drivers side of the sunroof pulls back a fraction of an inch and the passengers side doesn't move. Then the motor just stops working. If there is anything I would need to look for before taking it to the dealer let me know.
Thanks

its probably the regulator. basically its the pully mechanism used to open and close sunroofs and windows. i just replaced mine for my drivers side window.

Back