Supercharging a 98 5.0 with an Eaton | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharging a 98 5.0 with an Eaton

lowflyingbird

Reaction score
City, State
NewYork
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EX 5.0p
Hi,
I've done several custom blower installs. I recently came into possesion of a Lightning/Harley Eaton blower. Doing the basic measurements, it looks like this is going to be a peice of cake to install on my 98 5.0.The usual plenum/adapter on the lower intake.I still have to do all the math on the pulley size, I've done that before.
I've seen the Xcharger setup, I'm not impressed. I may be wrong, but it looks like a Eatom M90 from a Tbird up side down with its nose milled ? Are there any other fabricators out there who might have played with this idea? Or others who might be interested in this?
Please post reply

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the only problem I saw when considering this on my 50 mustang was the distributer right in the way

everythintech said:
yeah, but we have coil packs. i interested in this, as i wouldnt mind the extra power on my 98 5.0.

yea i didnt consider that ford didnt still use that dinotechnology in 98 haha

Dinotechnology

Yes, that is an early system, But I remember a 85 5.0 T-birb I had. It had that P.O.S. throttle body system. I code scanned and changed just about every part on that system,My friend though it looked pretty funny seeing an entire intake manifold flying thru the air when I finally lost it!! I ended up putting a 4 barrel on it with a Duraspark. My gas milage doubled from about 11mpg to an easy 20, as well as my performance.HhMMM So thats the smell of burnt rubber!!

As for this blower build, I'll keep ontop of it. When I have info I'll post. I may even make plans .

Keith

Back