• Register Today It's free!

Superlift 4" kit

Bills98Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Carnesville,Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer XL
I been looking around for lift alternatives and I also have thought of a SAS.
I found this write up on a 4" lift for the gen2 Explorers just want to get an opinion on this lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not too many guys on here have them yet because of how expensive they are, but Superlift makes good products. From what I've erad, the only problem is that you need to get a new driveshaft pretty quick. Depending on what you do with your truck, an SAS might be cheaper and an easier alternative.

i just installed the 4in superlift on my 99 about a week ago, so far i love it, rides and handles better then i did stock and ull get a damn good flex out of it too, a lot more then i thought, i havent even takin my rear sway bar off yet and im flexin good, im runnin 33s on it tho so i had to do some fender trimmin, if i could go back i would have gotten 32 1/2 tires, but if u have any questions just post

-steve

jayhawkexplorer said:
Not too many guys on here have them yet because of how expensive they are, but Superlift makes good products. From what I've erad, the only problem is that you need to get a new driveshaft pretty quick. Depending on what you do with your truck, an SAS might be cheaper and an easier alternative.

didnt see what he said about the driveshaft, yes u will need a new one, i was originally just going to lengthin my stock shaft but found out that with the money i was spending to do that it cost the same to buy a brand new one so thats what i did, i havent gotten new gears yet and running fine but eventually ill need them, spent all my money on the lift so now im broke, gotta save up for the gears next, prolly goin with 4.10 or 4.56

I run it, and it was nice. Rode very well, the only thing that I hate is it drops the t-bars down. Its a very expensive kit... and there are other alternatives.

dixon bros racing has a great kit

Found it. Didn't know that kit even existed.

What kind of kit is it? Link?

That Dixon is more of a prerunner oriented kit, but it's great none the less.

Oh coilover conversion.. its 4" wider though, you would need to throw a full width rear in to look right lol

Now someone correct me if I am wrong,but it looks like the Dixon kit does not lower the front diff and it eliminates the torsion bars?with a full width 8.8 in the rear you should be good to go.
Now to go rob a bank :confused:

SteveO2569 said:
didnt see what he said about the driveshaft, yes u will need a new one, i was originally just going to lengthin my stock shaft but found out that with the money i was spending to do that it cost the same to buy a brand new one so thats what i did, i havent gotten new gears yet and running fine but eventually ill need them, spent all my money on the lift so now im broke, gotta save up for the gears next, prolly goin with 4.10 or 4.56
Superlift offers the optional driveshaft to.

or you can just buy my whole truck. ;)

Back