• Register Today It's free!

Sync Destinations and App link

Fredridge

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
so, about a month ago Sync Destinations on my iphone updated and looked for different. It gave me hope for some things I was asking for, which was for it to work like MotionX with the head unit.

Searching through some stuff on engadget I found some very cool info.

it looks like Sync Destinations is going to work like MotionX through MFT. Rather than having to call Sync, your phone and data will handle it for you and then show up directly through the MFT screen.

I can't believe they haven't made a bigger deal about this as I think it is a major step in the right direction.

anyway, check out the video on engadget and see how it works (briefly) at about 1:25

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/13/hands-on-with-new-npr-and-sync-destinations-via-applink/

Except we don't have applink on our Explorers yet. I fear we never will :(

Except we don't have applink on our Explorers yet. I fear we never will :(

oh so true
we all went and spent $40,000+ we got a half finished buggy beta system that kinda works. you buy a $18,000 car and you get a far more complete system with more features.

oh so true
we all went and spent $40,000+ we got a half finished buggy beta system that kinda works. You buy a $18,000 car and you get a far more complete system with more features

+1

Back