tail lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tail lights

Reaction score
City, State
Hickory, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 explorer 4wd
will sumbody please explain to me what the hell the difference is between a 95 expo's tail like and a 98 expo's tail light because ive been looking for euro lights and i cant find any for a 95 but theres plenty for a 98 and they look the same to me . any response will be nice, thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since the rear hatches are different on the years, the tailights are too. I guess the '98s will fit the 95-97s, but they don't line up correctly. The body lines on the hatches are different... :confused:

At the top of each taillight at the corner with the tailgate, the 95-97s are square and the 98+ lights are rounded. Also the 98+ lights bulge out a bit more from the body.

so will a 98's tail lights fit?

I don't think they'll fit without some cutting and bondo work.

well that sucks i mean i want these euros but if i have to do body work for it to work then i think i can pass

There are some new ones 95-97 that are supposed to be coming out soon, but we don't have pics yet.

well check these out for the 98's i think they are phat as hell but if what yall say is right they wont fit Dead Link Removed

well, I dont want to say this but I will anyway, try the search on thisone, you will get lots of responses..

what everyone has said is correct, they will fit but....... they wont look very good

because of the hatch differences.. when you close the hatch the inside of the lense will stick out about an inch past the hatch door, and the curve on the top wouldn't match either.

it can be done, but.. the 95-97 altezzas are SUPPOSEDLY on their way out in FEB. so.. you may wanna hang tight for a few

Back