• Register Today It's free!

Tell me about racing yer Ex...

SanDiegoExplr

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Yesterday I pulled up to a light next to this guy in a riced out accord. He looked over at me...I looked over at him...it was on. He starts reving his car showing off his terrible sounding muffler. LoL. The light turns green and I hammer the gas. My head flys into the headrest and were off. For a few seconds we were pretty even...that is until my car got into about 2nd or 3rd and freakin took off. He got burned and he knew it. LOL. Wow rice rockets suck...seems like most of em put more cash into theyre crappy body kits than the engine. But anyways...Tell me about your race expierences. Who did u own or get owned by?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was think about posting my expierience and here's the chance. I was heading towards the acceleration lane. 2 lane into 1 lane (the acceleration lane). All of a sudden this newer looking mustang (V6, 96-99 body style) cuts me off. I throw on the high beems, hella driving lights, and the fogs to be an A$$. Then I ride its A$$. We're off imediate 3 lane switch to the fast lane. We were weving through the traffice and I was on its ass the whole way. I get next to it to only find out its a Chick driving. Then she hammers down on me up hill. Then she hits a pack of traffic. I manuver threw the pack to get ahead of her only to watch her cut into the shoulder and pass the pack to get next to me. At that point the highway opens up and we both hammer down. 110 and it sounded like like my ex was going to blow up. At that point the chick slows down and exits with her hazards on to BUst my Ballz! At 104,000 miles on the engine my Ex did not disappoint me ,but I know that if the Chick Stang did not exit she would have romped me. Sorry for the long story.

Originally posted by KillerXLT
I the the Chick Stang did not exit she would have romped me. Sorry for the long story.

Just think the life you saved might have been your own.

check this out

one of my old friends got this 96 sebring convertible jxi. He thinks he's turning it into a race car but it's just a girls car with a new exaust and intake. but anyways he thinks he can smoke me and i figured why not race him and shut him up.what the hell, if i lost, he only won over an suv. So it's this stock sport agianst this "pimped out" sebring. He took me off the line, but once i got into second i just left him in my dust and ended up beatin him by like 5 car lengths. I think i finally covinced him his car wasnt all that fast:cool:

these i raced and got spanked or i raced and spanked someone are really starting to piss me off.... racing should be done on the racetrack not on freeways or streets.... grow the F**K up A******s!!!!!!! kill yourself on the track but dont kill mom and her explorer full of the soccer team

Originally posted by jimabena74
these i raced and got spanked or i raced and spanked someone are really starting to piss me off.... racing should be done on the racetrack not on freeways or streets.... grow the F**K up A******s!!!!!!! kill yourself on the track but dont kill mom and her explorer full of the soccer team
WHOA!! calm down Jim. mine was only a off the line race in accel. nothin over 55 MPH. thats where i draw the line if the person im "racin" goes over thats his choice not mine.

I've never really raced anybody, but I've done a few acceleration tests before. I was on the edge of town one time and I pulled up to a light, me and my mom setting there, and an old Ranger was next to me revving it up, so I put one foot on the brake and the other on the gas, the light changed and I nailed it, I guess I was up to about 40 or 50 and I couldnt see him at all, so I backed off a little bit, and all the sudden he just blows right past me out of nowhere, so I was finished and got the rest of the way up to speed and went home. My mom just laughed and asked who it was.

Just goofing off having accel. tests under the speed limit is totally different than street racing.

I agree 100% with Jim. I try not to do any "acceleration tests either" because that is provoking the other driver to go all the way.

Originally posted by 95ExplorerLtd
I've never really raced anybody, but I've done a few Just goofing off having accel. tests under the speed limit is totally different than street racing.

Until some little old lady walks into the street or a kid on a bicycle.....

Just one question:

If the speed limit on a road is 55, how's it different if you're already going 55 or if you speed up quickly to get there? If someone steps out in front of you, they're screwed either way. If they happen to step into the road cause they underestimated you're acceleration, that's a whole different ballgame; but either way quick acceleration is not normally any more dangerous than getting up to speed a few seconds slower. That is, if you can control your vehicle.

Around here, cops can't nail you for "exhibition of acceleration" unless your tires protest excessively.

Jim no need to get so amped up...
I think were all mature enough to excersize good judgement and not take things too far. I am totally against the uncontrolled idiots that street drag. I wasnt talking about anything even remotely close to that. Im talkin about stuff just for fun....no need to flame...

Originally posted by Alec
Just one question:

If the speed limit on a road is 55, how's it different if you're already going 55 or if you speed up quickly to get there? If someone steps out in front of you, they're screwed either way. If they happen to step into the road cause they underestimated you're acceleration, that's a whole different ballgame; but either way quick acceleration is not normally any more dangerous than getting up to speed a few seconds slower. That is, if you can control your vehicle.

Around here, cops can't nail you for "exhibition of acceleration" unless your tires protest excessively.

Absolutely, I agree 100%. Especially w/ a 4000lb Explorer, 55 is 55.

Alec, you're absolutely right. Some of you guys are ridiculous over this "no street racing" thing. Get a grip. When I accelerate full throttle, the average passenger sedan could pass me under normal acceleration.

Back