Tell me about your setups!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tell me about your setups!!

Reaction score
City, State
Starkville, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Reg Cab Ranger
Ok folks, I'm probably getting a 99 Explorer in June, and I want to start planning the system already! So what creative things have you guys done to get loads of bass?? Right now I'm planning on 2 Brahma 12s with 2000 watts RMS for the low-end. I currently have 2 Image Dynamics IDQ10s. Any suggestions on where I could put those? They wouldn't do much good in the back as they would get drowned out pretty easily by the 12s. Or should I just get rid of them alltogether? Also, what are some of your ideas for amp placement??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

for the 2 10's, you should donate them to the burtonsnow fund for a poor college student

just sell them. the mix of different woofers doesnt do much for SQ. just keep the more powerful subs and keep it simple. if you want more bass, add two more.

i had four 15" orion subs wired in parallel to create a 1 ohm mono load. then i sold two, so i ran the other two @ a 2 ohm mono load. now i'm redesigning my system. each week i install something different, because i want something that really impresses me. hopefully it'll be completely done by late spring or early summer.

Originally posted by leenjen
just sell them. the mix of different woofers doesnt do much for SQ. just keep the more powerful subs and keep it simple. if you want more bass, add two more.

i had four 15" orion subs wired in parallel to create a 1 ohm mono load. then i sold two, so i ran the other two @ a 2 ohm mono load. now i'm redesigning my system. each week i install something different, because i want something that really impresses me. hopefully it'll be completely done by late spring or early summer.

sounds like me..

i just finishes my setup with my 2 mtx's...and now im gettin my stuff together to change to that eclipse

Woo, this is a happening forum.

Originally posted by Bumpin97Ranger
97 Regular Cab Ranger.. Pioneer HU...2 IDQ 10s.. ESX 1000 watt amp in the mail.. 2.5% tint.. billet grill..glasspack..painted interior w/flamed dash..

do you have any pictures? sounds cool

2.5% tint!! i cant even imagine.
i have 5% in my daytona and i have a hard time backing up at night.

I'll have pictures in about a week.. no digital camera, so I take the pics on my mom's real camera and take the film to wal-mart to get it put on disk. Yea, I have 2.5% on the sides, and a couple weeks ago put 20% on the back. Needless to say, I have to roll down my windows to eye level at night. But I like the looks, and don't want people to see inside my truck. Also, last weekend I put in a 5 inch LCD screen that flips down from the roof, and hooked up my N64 to it. Its tiiiight!!!

I don't think you need the 10's either. the 12's probably hit hard and tight enough as is. i have my 15's sitting in a custom box that is set to face the ceiling. as for amp placement, again it depends on the kinda cash you're willing to spend...you can do anything from screwing them into the back's of the rear seats to having them face each other on diagonally slanted custom boards (which is what I have done) or go all the way--plexiglass and neon blue lights!

Back