Tennessee Run? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tennessee Run?

Todd E.

Reaction score
For all the east coast guys - how about a run in the mountains of Tennessee? I was there about 2 months ago for the Rosser Roundup and the trails are awesome! I figure Tennessee is a central location along the east coast so why don't we get some guys together that can't make the many trips that are continually held out west. I was thinking about a First of the year run. So, How about it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Todd that sounds like a good idea, if i can get my motor put back together and my lift installed by then i would love to go. Will snow be an issue? What kind of elevation are we talkin'? you are talkin a little further west than Tellico right? ..... now then speaking of Tellico... what happened with that? I mean did anyone go did it fall through did we get booted or what lemme know please i am dying for info. i'll keep checkin in on this thread about the tennessee run.

dodger

i am in nashville and would love to go on a run

Kyle,

I was gonna go to the tellco run as well. I finally gave up because the plans were sketchy. I wasn't about to drive 16hrs and not hook up w/ the crew. I think it was a good idea to bail. I STILL haven't heard anything about the trip.

------------------
HIX
91 Sport w/ 33s
"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

Depending on my work schedule, a run in Tennesee might work out great for me. What kind of trails are there? I'm still pretty much stock, so if the trails are real rough, I ain't going to make it.

------------------
Tom

The trails of Tennessee are very much like that of Tellico. While there are some very steep/rocky runs, there are also some very easy passes. The terrain is very wet, rocky, and steep embanked trails. I will submit some maps/photos of the trails later. As for Tellico, my trailer was stolen three days before the Friday I was supposed to head for Tellico. I couldn't find/borrow a trailer to attend. I think that due to the sketchy plans, most people pulled out of the run.

I would be VERY interested in a TN trip. Where exactly are you talking about? I live in Dallas but have a seven year old son in McMinnville and would love to take him. I am bringing him back to TX for Christmas but will be visiting him in Feb for the President's Day three day weekend. Would anyone be interested in that weekend???
And once again, exactly where in TN are you talking about?
Gerald

edit: just found this Tellico link.

http://home.att.net/~eadams44/murphymap.htm

[Edited by GJarrett on 01-08-2001 at 02:41 PM]

In light of GJarrett's willingness to come from Dallas, I think Presidents day weekend would be a perfect time for a run. Why don't we come to some sort of concensus on where in Tn. we should go. There are so many trails, etc. to run. How about some suggestions as well as a central place to meet.

I'm in Knoxville.... but my Exploder is totally stock, so I dont know what kind of trails you're talking about. I'd like to be counted in if it's not to bad of a trail.

As far as a meeting place, depending on which side of the mountains your talking about, my input would be for Gatlinburg- we even have a Hard Rock Cafe now!!!

Mike

------------------
92EB
Some days you get to be the Statue,
Some days you get to be the Pigeon!!

[This message has been edited by velcrofly (edited 11-18-1999).]

well here we are almost 30 days from the last post on this TN run subject. ill be down there around the 30th and on. in the Memphis area but i will go a few hours to a good run. i have a 91 EB explorer, im stock as well but ill go **** it aint much fun if you cant break it, ha . a bit expensive at times but what the hell. lets find out about, WHEN & WERE? anyone can e-mail me at hgoody9311@aol.com
" drive it like you stole it! "

well who wants to organize this thing. i am ready to go!!! just tell me when and where

Back