Texans who used to be for Truckhaven 2001 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Texans who used to be for Truckhaven 2001

Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
I'm posting this on a new thread because it's very hard to keep track of a 10 page thread. Anyway, I'm really thinking about going to THaven 2001. It'll be great to finally meet all of you guys (and gals). I just have to find the time, especially for the 2 day commute each way. I'll get my parents to pay for the hotel somehow (woohoo!).

To all you Texans: Maybe we can caravan to CA. Also, we might be able to go in together on hotel rooms or at least organize to stay at the same hotel. I might end up visiting relatives afterwards in San Diego, but I'm for sure driving one way around the time of the get together. At least the drive will be easy with a straight shot down I-10.

Texplorers for Truckhaven! Woohoo!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that could be one helluva plan, alec! i'll let y'all know.

Well, it turns out I don't know if I'm going. First, school starts back up on Tues. 16th (my first class is on the 17th). So I'd have to get back by the afternoon of the 16th. Second, I need someone to go with me in my truck. Third, if I do go, I might go early to visit relatives in San Diego.

Oh, it'll also cost some $$$. Motel for at least 5 nights, and gas for over 3000 miles. That's like 8-10 fill ups @ $30 each.

To deal with the whole time thing, MapQuest says it's 25 hours from Houston (I think). Is that doable in 2 days, or 2.5? That means 2 nights on the road each way. Road trips are a pain in the @$$ sometimes!

So, to go or not to go.....

I'm used to long hauls like this, and I try not to get hotel rooms along the way(I get so excited to reach the destination, I don't end up sleeping anyways). Kel and I will be driving straight through, switching off drivers every 3 hours or so, thank god for Explorers and the back seat that turns into a bed. :)

I planned to go but I have to save all my money that I can for my move in Feb. so I won't be going. We will be practically neighbors Alec. I'm moving into a house near Speedway and 32nd. No garage but plenty of room to work on trucks.

Sounds great Keith. Maybe by then I'll have found the $$$ to get the supercharger (doubt it), and we can install it together! Hmmm, save $$ for supercharger = no truckhaven :(

decisions, decisions.....

In case y'all were wondering, I'm not going to Truckhaven :(
I am however getting the supercharger (in case you missed my thread about it)! Coming soon, Speedy Splat!

I just had to change the name of this thread... But seriously...Sorry you guys can't make it.

Thats funny Rick. I thought about doing that when I read it and you beat me. I still may try to come. I am two wheel drive, but listen to my new setup:

6 inch Skyjacker suspension lift.
3 inch body lift (had for months now, just no install)
1 inch warrior shackles in the rear (just got today)
1 inch F-150 coil spacers up front

=10 inches of lift

plus,
new gears
locked rear
35's

The truck is going in next week to have all this installed so we will have to update my featured truck section. It should be big. Wont fit in the garage I know that.

Very funny. Well I tried to arrange to come, can't blame me for not trying...But wait 'til you see Speedy Splat!

Rick, can I have a place on the sport truck page when I get my blower installed?

I'm on my way to racing you Alec!
Ready to do the exhaust mod (posted about it) next weekend and got the KKM on it's way. Wonder what's next.

Back