The All-New Boss 302 Cylinder Block from Ford Racing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The All-New Boss 302 Cylinder Block from Ford Racing

DixieOnMyMind59

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD
I hate to be hogging the forum this week but i have some serious plans in the future for my 5.0 X. Check out this all-new Boss 302 cylinder block from Ford Racing. Do you think you could replace a 5.0 X's cylinder block with this all new 5.0 cylinder block? Remember, the 5.0 hasn't been around since 2001 when it was discontinued from the Explorer. This is Ford's all new version that they have just released. Im thinking this thing could potentially handle some higher boost......whats everyone else's thoughts??

Thanks & sorry for yet another new thread,
Colton

How much boost do you want to run? I've seen 5.0 mustangs with stock blocks and stock internals safely run as high as 16 psi. I'm not sure what the horsepower rating is for the Boss 302 block, but a better bang for the buck would probably be a DSS short block. The bullet short blocks are rated up to 450 horse and they're 200 bucks cheaper than the Boss 302 block, and the DSS comes with forged internals.

Back