The check engine light bulb is not working after changing the bulb in the cluster. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The check engine light bulb is not working after changing the bulb in the cluster.

Miss65Stang

Reaction score
City, State
Apple Valley, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
I noticed my check engine light wasnt coming on when I turn my car on. So I figured the bulb burned out. I found a video on youtube showing me how to change the bulbs & changed all the bulbs in the cluster. Put it all back together, turned the car on & the check engine light still isnt coming on. HELP!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cluster or printed circuit on cluster could be bad. Double ck the bulb and socket also.

I just recently started working on my own car. So how do I check to see if they're bad?

is it possible that circuit was cut by the seller of the truck so that you wouldn't see a check engine light and pull some major codes?

I agree with turbotom1052, check for cut wires. This is all too common unfortunately. Also, check the terminals in the light socket for corrosion and make sure the terminals press up against the light terminals to make a good connection. A voltmeter will tell you if you're getting the needed 12v to illuminate the light.

Back