The "I can't wait" thread | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The "I can't wait" thread

SWEET!! Love the red XLT!

Thanks, I love it too. Even seeing the color on other cars before I ordered I was a little worried. No doubt now, I am happy with my choice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am still waiting for a VIN and build date . Seni just sent me the message I did not want. Still waiting,ordered on Feb 22.

Aww Shoeman, you're breaking my heart. I really do hope to deliver good news to all of you very soon. I apologize for any and all inconvenience(s) this delay has caused all of you.

Seni

Hi Seni . Its not your fault, we all love and appreciate the work that you are doing for us here . But if you do have any pull in getting orders pulled it would be more than greatfully appreciatted. Mark

Just saw this on Facebook's Ford Explorer page!!!

Checkout this guy's post there!!!!!

"Just called the customer service number. Very helpful and fast. I ordered on 3/10, got a vin on 3/14 and cusotmer service gave me an ETA to dealer of 4/11. Highly recommend calling if anyone has questions. They were real good."

You've got to be kidding me!!!! This should "fire-up" some of you (besides me!).

Hello everyone,

I ordered an XLT back in December, thinking there would be no problem with that much time getting it here by early-mid March. Well, I located my VIN and it was built on February 24th. So, it's March 16th, and my dealer doesn't know where it is???? Huh?

Normally I wouldn't care and would just drive my old car till the new one arrives. BUT, my husband was deployed for 6 months and I decided to turn my car in and drive his while he was gone. Well, he's back and he needs his car, and now I have nothing.

I'm so frustrated. I don't understand how it's not possible to have a car delivered within that time frame. I want to get this car so bad, but it's getting to the point where I really need a car, and I'm not sure if I can hold out.

I've searched this board, Facebook, etc. and I haven't seen anyone post that they actually got theirs in time. To me, that is not acceptable. And it seems as though something is going on but no one is being up front about it. The communication and customer service are underwhelming. Is it too much to ask to know where your vehicle is (it's already built!) or when it's going to be here?

Checkout this guy's post there!!!!!

"Just called the customer service number. Very helpful and fast. I ordered on 3/10, got a vin on 3/14 and cusotmer service gave me an ETA to dealer of 4/11. Highly recommend calling if anyone has questions. They were real good."

You've got to be kidding me!!!! This should "fire-up" some of you (besides me!).

What number did you call?

Ford phone number

What number did you call?

800-334-4375.

When I called, the girl was very nice but asked a ton of questions. All my info on the ordered EX and me. Didn't find anything more on mine. Told me my dealer gets more detailed info than she could get and to call them???

Sitting with husband researching '11 4Runners in the area. So bummed.

I've started shopping around as well.
The lack of information about quality issues that would require a "completed" vehicle to sit around for a month sounds like a lemon in the making
If it was a parts issue, they wouldn't be able to still build more, but we know they are being cranked out.
It's about time to move on.

I've started shopping around as well.
The lack of information about quality issues that would require a "completed" vehicle to sit around for a month sounds like a lemon in the making
If it was a parts issue, they wouldn't be able to still build more, but we know they are being cranked out.
It's about time to move on.

Makes me wonder too. I do have one on order but willing to walk away from the deal and start over if I don't get price I want/negotiated. I am a little worried about that since the so called "specials" on lease rate/residual value and cash incentives end on 4/4 and Seni tells me that my vehicle will be delivered 4/4 (although I don't hold out much hope for that as I've read in almost all instances vehicles being delayed. :mad:

Being an early adopter you have to know there will be issues and I'd rather see them working on it before something goes out but the lack of transparency is a concern. Just let me know what's being fixed.

Hi Seni . Its not your fault, we all love and appreciate the work that you are doing for us here . But if you do have any pull in getting orders pulled it would be more than greatfully appreciatted. Mark

Shoeman,

Haha! Got it! Wish I did have that power.

Seni

Seni,

What could hold up a vehicle from arriving at the dealership (mine) when there are 3 presently at the dealership, built after mine?

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but am also anxiosly awaiting my Explorer XLT, this is my first new vehicle and the wait is driving me crazy... I had some things added that the XLT didn't have like the power lift gate and navigation.. I ordered on 2/11/11 and was told 12 weeks. I haven't bothered my dealer yet and am thinking I should after reading all your posts. Any thoughts????

Called salesman today and got a build date of March 28th ....... So excited!!!!

That's great. I am here to help with tracking as well!

To anyone awaiting a reply from me, remember you can also check with your dealers as they have this information as well. Thank you for being patient with me as I get your orders tracked.

Seni

Seni,

What could hold up a vehicle from arriving at the dealership (mine) when there are 3 presently at the dealership, built after mine?

Jade,

I understand why this could be upsetting, as this would seem unfair. Please be assured, that we are doing what we can to get your vehicle out to you, as soon as we can. As I may have already mentioned in this thread, we occasionally discover issues during production, particularly during ramp-up. We may be holding it for a routine inspection to ensure it's of the highest quality.

The other two Explorers that arrived may have had a different combination of options. I do apologize for any inconvenience(s) this may be causing you. Please feel free to check in with your dealer as they may have updated information for you as production gets back on track. I will also still be available to you for tracking purposes.

Seni

I called the 1-800 number xknoch mentioned above. The sales representative was extremely helpful - and professional too. They were able to confirm that my Explorer was in transit with an ETA. I encourage trying this. I was happy to know it was "IN TRANSIT", not sitting in Chicago.

I called the 1-800 number xknoch mentioned above. The sales representative was extremely helpful - and professional too. They were able to confirm that my Explorer was in transit with an ETA. I encourage trying this. I was happy to know it was "IN TRANSIT", not sitting in Chicago.

Tried that number earlier today. Same response "Awaiting shipment". That has been the status for 3 weeks now. Just don't get it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I'm excited again. Looks like build date week of 3/28 with deliver on 4/4 (although I'm not holding my breath on that).

I tried to put my VIN in to get a look at that sweet window sticker and got this message: The VIN entered was not found in our system. VIN requested is (MY VIN#)

So is it too early to get the window sticker or did I do something wrong? I put the VIN after after this: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

I'll try again over the next few days and will hopefully have better luck since build is a little more than a week away.

Back