The Juice Box? (Some Mod I found claiming to gain HP) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Juice Box? (Some Mod I found claiming to gain HP)

Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is the same ol' "chips" that have been discussed a million times on here before. This one just happens to be placed into a nice little box with "The Juice Box" written on it. I would guess that all it is a resistor placed in the IAT circuit.

Don't bother.......

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The only way to get decent performance via these means is to pay an accomplished tuner to write a program for your needs. You pay more for that, but it's worth every penny.

Caveat emptor (re: "Juice Box").

HP isn't cheap so just remember you get what you pay for. That chip is $30 and makes the same claims that a $300 SCT chip makes.

they offer a full refund of the purchase price and gaurantee that if u find a better performing module for $179 or less they will buy it for you. doesn't that make it full proof? or are there loop holes for them to get around that? they make it sound like u can't lose. so what way is there to still get screwed on this deal? there has to be one... cuz that is really cheap. jus curious.

I would not recomend any of these Ebay products ... they have potential of running your engine too lean... most vehicles come from the factory tuned a little rich ... by leaning out the Air Fuel ratio you can get a little more hp... what this box does is cause the engine MAF (mass air flow sensor) to lie to the ECU so the engine gets less fuel .... they do a generic small percentage fuel cut accross the board. There is no way a product to alter tuning can be accurate and safe for all types of vehicles

hiridin said:
they offer a full refund of the purchase price and gaurantee that if u find a better performing module for $179 or less they will buy it for you. doesn't that make it full proof?

Any decent tuning module (chip, not plug in tuner) will cost at least $200-250. It is fool proof. A foolproof way to get your money and not have to give you a refund.

ChopinOn22s said:
HP isn't cheap so just remember you get what you pay for. That chip is $30 and makes the same claims that a $300 SCT chip makes.
Chopin, you gonna be dealin in this new Item? :D

Back