• Register Today It's free!

The new ride.

gharmon

Reaction score
City, State
Valley, Al
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4X4 sport, '96 xlt AWD
Just got a 1997 AWD V8 Explorer XLT 4DR. Paid 800 forit with a bad tranny found a tranny for 200 and just got that in, been driving since friday. Hers my ideas. Def going to do the TT and Shackles and body lift. I wanna do a SOA in the back but wanna find the cheapest route possible with lifting the front to be level with rear after SOA. Ive seen alot of off road explorers but dont really see the show truck scene with the explorers. im wanting 35s and 20 in xd monsters on this thing would 4:56gers pull that? also need help looking for a 98 or newer rear hatch and rear bumper gonna take that old black trim rear hatch off. and will the 98 up front bumpers hit the 97 fog lights are rectangle on mine i want the round ones just wondering if i swapped fog light mounts would the bumper bolt up? looking to do a show truck scene with this thing all ideas welcome. help me out with good priced aftermarket healights, taillights, billet grilles etc......

Kind regaurs, Sidney

its the maroon colored explorer with the tan colored interior, paint code FL. did they keep this paint code in the 98 up explorers dont wanna have to get it painted

I would start by searching E bay for aftermarket stuff, headlights and tail lights are all over e bay. I think it would be cool to have a lifted show truck as long as it is off road worthy as well and if you are gonna do a lifted show truck make sure you paint the underside of the truck so it looks nice and pretty. Lifted, big rims and tires will look goog but if it is rusted and dirty as hell on the underside you might as well forget about trying to show off anything. Good Luck with the project.

Just try to do a few searches on different lifts with the search bar and it is sure to give you plenty of ideas.

Oh def. i been trying think of a good secondary color for the red. for performance lighting, differential covers etc.... Maybe white? i am an alabama
fan so maybe that would look good

Back