the saga continues- will my 93 X auto trans fit a 94 mazda 'jo? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

the saga continues- will my 93 X auto trans fit a 94 mazda 'jo?

e39dream

Reaction score
City, State
chicagoland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4 dark green
Hey guys-

I am very excited. I just worked out a deal to buy a 94 mazda navajo in really nice shape next weekend. Runs like a top, everything works, 4x4 seems to work, etc. The truck has zero rust and the the body is straight as an arrow. It's sport 2 door- looks identical to my 93 X sport that is fubar'd and rusted away.

Everything works perfectly on the 'jo- except the transmission. Everything works perfectly on the 93 X, except there's a spark plug broken off in the cylinder head and the exhaust is so rusty on it I broke the manifold bolts trying to get the head off. I guess I should get this rust free truck and use mine for spare parts + possibly sell some parts off it.

Can I swap the transmission from the 93 X into the 94 navajo? Both are autos, push button 4x4 so I think it will be direct but I want to be sure before I buy the 'Jo, it's pricey for a truck with a bad trans but it is in superb shape and well, I want a truck that looks decent. It's such a clean body I'd probably have bought it with no motor or trans. I want another go with this kind of truck- I miss mine so much but it saw too much salt.

what do you guys think?

It should be. There's zero difference between A4LD's excect build quality.

yeah I am kind of weary of putting my trans in just based on the fact I know it has 200k miles on it, but it has always pulled strong and never leaked.

I'd like to do a manual trans in the navajo but that would have to wait. The idea here is to buy the truck and get it mobile on the cheap, I think it will be around 800 to buy the truck/ get it home. I've seen running/driving high milage X's go for 500 around here..

but the navajo is sooo clean. I have to have it.

Back