Thinking about 4link rear for 92 xlt... anyone try one yet | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thinking about 4link rear for 92 xlt... anyone try one yet

HuntrX

Reaction score
City, State
Altoona, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 xlt
So ya, this is my first post here even though I've hit this forum a million and a halve times. Any way I love ruff trail riding and I like to use my slightly modified explorer to outdrive my buddies bigger rigs. But... I'm now in a position where I have my X as a offroad buggy exclusively because I got a truck and a bike to take to work and such.

After I dropped the second A4LD my X has been sitting in my back yard for like 3 years and i just dug it out around thanksgiving. I replaced the transmission, brake lines, fuel pump and sending unit. fun fun. Its been freezing the whole time here in PA and I don't have a shelter to work in. Anyway I'm trying to give my rig a face lift since its got saggy leafs with a saggy Procomp add a leaf in it which seem to do nothing thanks to the axle over spring design I hate so much. Also my front lift consists of some skyjacker 2in coils and nothing to fix the camber. I have ball joint camber adjustment nuts but after I got them my buddy said they were junk and I agree. Its got rancho 5000s for 2 in of lift which are the only thing that is actually setup properly.

Any way I'm either going to weld up some slip in tabs with a spring perch on top and flip the axle in the rear or now I'm looking into a 4 link setup or a 3 link with panhard bar and coil overs.
I found a nice looking kit from ruff stuff specialties and the owner seems like a good dude from all the excellent descriptions he's written. Here's the link http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/4LKTUBE.html . I think I could handle the build but I'm not sure what coilovers I could use yet and I still have to buy or build Axle pivot bracket for the front and probably radius arms or drop down brackets and such. Well there's my life story for my first post but I guess the moral of it being is there anyone that can shed some light on the four link situation if they have installed one on there explorer and possible some specs if anyone fabbed up the pivots for the axle. Any insight is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Tony

Is this the proper board to ask about 4 links?

here's the better setup , everything is there,,

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop...niversal-4-Link-Weld-On-Rear-Kit-p-16802.html
PPM-5052-4-Link-Weld-On-Rear-Kit-400.jpg

Back