bed liner

mcclain61

Reaction score
City, State
bristol tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer
:usa:

after hours and days of searching and coming up with crap from 10 years ago that led no where but the crap chute i went forth and put bed liner on the out side of my explorer

i used duplicolor bed armor with kevlar. not because it sounds cool or any other reason other than i can get the $100 kit for $60

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

thats the crap touch up the po had done at some point and the rust repair i done a few weeks back

laying out the lines

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

sorry i didnt take pics of the prep work or masking things off its boring

dont use the crappy scotch brite pad that comes in the kit. i used 100 grit sand paper

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

:salute: thats the finished product im content with it for now

took about half a gallon i done 4 coats

IMG_0618.jpg

hes not a good helper:thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Way to go man! The black on dark green looks great! how much damage did u have to do with the 100 grit to get that on there? Now the ploder is teady for some serious explorin :JP:

I don't a good scuffing lol sanded off all the clear coat wiped it down with acetone a few times

Next project is some E-track in the cargo area to keep stuff where I put it

Plan on doing anything to the running boards? Ive been looking to get mine touched up with something similar.

Not real sure I've thought about painting them with bedliner or just with a matte black. I do know they need a few drainage holes drilled into the back corners so water drains from there.

Idk how many times I almost busted my butt because of ice building up on them

Not real sure I've thought about painting them with bedliner or just with a matte black. I do know they need a few drainage holes drilled into the back corners so water drains from there.

Idk how many times I almost busted my butt because of ice building up on them
Looks good mcclain61, question I have for you is what did you use? spray gun w/air compressor or rattle can or roller?

Sorry done it with a roller figured it was the best way to get a even coat without having to wrap the entire truck with plastic I'll get a closer pic later this week

Here's an update a year and a half later it's still holding on stron no chips or flakes after going threw a car wash just hit it with some foaming tire cleaner and it looks good as new

Did you ever get around to installing that E track?

Not yet just put a hunter brush guard on last night and trimmed the air dam this morning

I'll eventually get to the e-track thinking of building bed from 3/4 plywood coating it in bed lined then putting the e-track on it so I don't kill my carpet, plus I can build it up a little and have a place to store my ratchet straps and possibly still access my jack and lug wrench

I've been contemplating removing my second and third rows all together, I wonder how much extra space that would open up. I know what you mean about protecting the carpet. I've been unable to find a good solution for lining the inside of the cargo area.

Only thing I can think of is getting a sheet of plywood or some hardwood and making a bed like the old truck beds.

I'll get around to it when I have time trying to get a lift and a set of wheels and I would like a new radio my factory one doesn't like to play cds and when it's cold and you turn the volume down it goes up lol

Back