Thinking about going more aggressive on an 06 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thinking about going more aggressive on an 06

I have a stock 2wd 06 explorer with Yokohama Geolandar HTS 245/70/r16s on the stock 16x7 rim with a 1.5in spacer on all 4 corners. I want to go more aggressive and get some M/Ts, but i was wondering if its possible on a stock suspension. I know that 3rd gens are nearly identical to the 4th gen mechanical wise and the sticky says that 265/75r16s should fit fine on those, but I'm wondering if it will on mine. I'm pretty sure that the spacers will give me more space to fit them fine, but i want to make sure before i go in and buy them. I would be willing to get the truxx lift, but id rather not drop extra money into that. I don't really do trails or mudding so theyre not gonna see much offroad use other than the beach and the occasional curb hop.

The tires I'm looking at are GT Radial Adventuros MT's, Federal Couriaga MT's, and Hankook Dynapro MT's, all in 265/75r16.

Edit: Also looking to get wider rims eventually. I was thinking something along the lines of 16x8 Cragar Soft 8s. I'm pretty sure the 265/75/r16s would accommodate them just fine but i still want to make sure. I've done my research, but there's always a guy on here who knows more than I do. Also, I've learned the search function on here is almost useless for 4th gens.

Back