• Register Today It's free!

This Came up on my Dash

Reaction score
City, State
Lincoln NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer hybrid
1000028078.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do a BMS reset, and that light should go away.

High Beams 5 times, then brakes 3 times. Is the proper procedure to reset the BMS

1. Push the start button with no foot on the brake pedal

2. Flash the high beams five times, then press the break pedal three times

3. Wait about 2 to 3 seconds you’ll see the battery icon flash two times The BMS System is now reset.

The correct way to charge. Your battery is as follows. …. This is the proper location for your negative battery cable … on the backside of the BMS Monitor While charging the battery… I bought my 2020 Explorer August of 2019. I still have the original battery… connecting your negative battery cable on the backside of the BMS enables the BMS Monitor to recognize it is receiving a charge. connecting to the front Side of the BMS is incorrect.

IMG_1875.jpeg

Do a BMS reset, and that light should go away.

High Beams 5 times, then brakes 3 times. Is the proper procedure to reset the BMS

1. Push the start button with no foot on the brake pedal

2. Flash the high beams five times, then press the break pedal three times

3. Wait about 2 to 3 seconds you’ll see the battery icon flash two times The BMS System is now reset.
When you suggest to reset BMS, do you mean reset as in getting a new battery and BMS needing reset? Or is this some sort of BMS rebooting...

When you suggest to reset BMS, do you mean reset as in getting a new battery and BMS needing reset? Or is this some sort of BMS rebooting...
You can reset your BMS with your existing battery.

But how will I know the issue I'd resolved? Mine says Battery State of charge Low.

Did you reset the BMS …. and charge the battery?

Give me a call at the number I sent you

Hey Rick, good morning. My apologies for not getting back to you. I was at work and got in late. The dealership came to pick it up this morning for an oil change and they'll check the issue as well. Will provide an update.

Hey Rick, good morning. My apologies for not getting back to you. I was at work and got in late. The dealership came to pick it up this morning for an oil change and they'll check the issue as well. Will provide an update.
No problem, glad everything worked out for you

The correct way to charge. Your battery is as follows. …. This is the proper location for your negative battery cable … on the backside of the BMS Monitor While charging the battery… I bought my 2020 Explorer August of 2019. I still have the original battery… connecting your negative battery cable on the backside of the BMS enables the BMS Monitor to recognize it is receiving a charge. connecting to the front Side of the BMS is incorrect.
Hi Ricky. I have always read that when charging the battery the negative charging cable should be attached to a ground point and not the battery itself.
It is a method I've always used as well when my battery charge gets low.

Peter

Hi Ricky. I have always read that when charging the battery the negative charging cable should be attached to a ground point and not the battery itself.
It is a method I've always used as well when my battery charge gets low.

Peter
Hello Peter … Anything on the backside of the BMS is a correct grounding point. Connecting to the front side of the BMS ‘i.e.’ negative battery terminal itself is incorrect.

Back