This is why dirt roads and speeding don't mix | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This is why dirt roads and speeding don't mix

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What? NO blood & gore pix???

Sorry they needed my help so I helped them instead of standing around taking pics.

you wonder where some people get their license! They can't even drive on-road, what makes then think they can drive off-road?

That is freaky! I used to have nightmares about doing stuff like that off of I-70.

There was a show the other day on TV, that showed a guy in a Blazer going down the Lion's back at Moab. He lost his brakes and came down at like 60 mph. The last 30 yards went off the side and nose dived into the sand. Luckily they weren't seriously hurt.

Lol, crazy. Looks like a lot of damage, hopefully they recover well.

addkev, the two are completely unrelated!!!!!!! One was due to driver error the other mechanical error. I'm sure the person coming down Lions Back was being as careful as they possibly could and unfortunately had something go wrong mechanically at the worst possible time. This person was obviously just a moron that didn't know what safe speed means.
Joe, was that on rampart range road? Looks familiar...

Well, Duh.
I wasn't comparing them, I just threw that out there. Making little replies like that is the only way we are ever going to catch up with you, the "King of all posters"

Well Matt it is kinda Rampart range, it is actually on Mt. Herman but they are basically the same road.

Mt. Herman - great trail! I can definitely see how excessive speed and that road coupled to cause that - bumpy, bumpy!

Oh well, glad they were okay - even though they're idiots... :)

Keep Mt Hermon on the DL Guys!! I grew up ridding my Dirt bike up there and wheeling up there and it just keeps getting blocked off more and more. Freaking granola eating bike ridders. If they have thier way there'll be nothing left for us and all the trails that were established by dirtbikes and trucks will be "no motor vehicles" and the bicycles and walkers will have them for themselves. I love hermon. At my High School, everbody called it the mountian. Man College in Texas Sucks!!

Saw those pics,
Rollover is not fun! good thing there wasn`t a lake down that hill!
Was that a cop car there in those pics? Mustang, or ? Lucky Cop to get one of those anyway!

Yea ... that looks like a Camaro ... must be nice ... that thing probably has all kinds of high performace parts in it. and he can speed around all he wants with it.

Yup, that is a camaro alright... Having a cop car camaro can only be beat by 2 things, both of which I've seen... Cop car corvette or cop car monster truck... heh

However, give me a cop Crown Vic and I'm still happy, those things are quick

Well look at that, I remember Mt. Herman. Good to hear those people are ok and such. Way to go, Joe...

My dad had a Toyota pickup like that ONCE! He rolled it a year ago on a gravel road. Then just a couple of days ago he rolled his 99' explorer on that same gravel road. And he says I'm a bad driver.

scary thought

was he on his way to work .... or was he playing around with his truck when he rolled it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back