This the right lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This the right lift?

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as long as you are 2wd yes that is the right kit, it comes with everything you need also. 4 shocks, 4 AAL, and the spindles. it will gove you 3" in the front and only 1.5 in the back so i would also spend the extra 55 bucks or so to get the shackles to make it level

dont think it comes with 4 aal, looks like 2 add a leaves one for each side.... but you must also get rear leaves from a 4 door explorer as the add a leaf will not owrk on the monoleaf the sport has....

humm, it says from 1994-2000... is that right?

collkid said:
humm, it says from 1994-2000... is that right?

yes, it will fit a 4x2 sport, any year.....

So I still need to find some rear leaves even though I'm going to do a SOA in the rear?

jimabena74 said:
dont think it comes with 4 aal, looks like 2 add a leaves one for each side.... but you must also get rear leaves from a 4 door explorer as the add a leaf will not owrk on the monoleaf the sport has....

but just to make it clear those 4 shocks are for the 4 wheels so I wont need to go buy seperate ones for the rear.

yeah, those 4 are for the whole truck. Front and rear.

BigDave!!! said:
4 shocks, 4 AAL, and the spindles.
big bave said 4 shocks (this is correct) 4 AAL (incorrect only 2 AAL, 1 per side) and spindles (correct)

you dotn have to do anything, however with doing an SOA you should get teh 4 door leaves as the sport using a single monoleaf and the 4 door packs hactually have multiple leafs... add a leafs will not work with a monoleaf....

it actually does come with four aal, i have the kit and for some reason it came with one long AAL and another shorter AAl, 2 per side

sorry i meant to say 2 long AAL and 2 short AALs

wow ..2 spindles, 4 shocks and some leafs for 625 buck, kinda a rip off if u ask me, piece things together, it will be way cheaper

wow $630 for that... yeah i say ripoff......

spindels are liek $350 max alone, add a leafs are maybe $100 and thats for all 4 possibly (eventhough the picture shows 2) and the best procomp shocks are like $35 each... thats still way cheaper than that kit.....

XplorerWannabe said:
btw, how is it working out for you?
i love it and couldnt be happier, the ride in the rear is a little stiff with all those leaves but its not horrible, im not using the pro comp shocks though so im not sure how those are.As for piecing the kit together and not spending the 600+ im pretty sure you can swap the ranger edge 3.5" lift spindles instead of the procomp ones that are made for the X. i know of some people that have used the ranger spindles and i hear they only have to do minor fabbing to make it work. chek out the ranger spindles if you want another half inch, think those are in the $300 range

well, i wouldnt be doing the work so i dont want the people to possibly mess them up, if anybody finds those spindles alone pm me please.

jimabena74 said:
wow $630 for that... yeah i say ripoff......

spindels are liek $350 max alone, add a leafs are maybe $100 and thats for all 4 possibly (eventhough the picture shows 2) and the best procomp shocks are like $35 each... thats still way cheaper than that kit.....

I have been looking into that also for last 6 to 9 months,

2 to 3 companies sell the whole kit together, and it isn;t that bad ranging from $560 to $659.00 but the thing that kills you is the shiping every time i check 4 wheel parts give me the price not bad but then $59.00 for over sized handling?? and then up to $89.00 for truck shipping. reason i haven;t bought my kit yet... and they never have free truck shipping just free ups on weekends. Sucks if you ask me.. always better if you ask me to buy all at one time rather piece a kit together 1 from this company 2 from that company..
that isn;t alot of money anyway for a lift...compared to how much the actual 4 inch sus[ension lift is,,

Back