Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0
I just put a deposit on this amp at the audio store:

Dead Link Removed

This amp will be powering my two 12 inch Kicker subs. I got it at a pretty decent discount, and I know Kicker amps are pretty strong, so I think it will work out. Anybody have this amp, or have any ideas on how it will perform?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont have it, but i bet it'll perform great. kicker amps are underrated and deliver nice clean power. the only thing i dont like about kicker amps is the price;)

Yeah, I figured the subs and amp would perform well if they were a good brand like Kicker. Like I said, I got a deal on the amp, so the price isn't too bad, :cool:

ZR240

I own a Kicker ZR 240 and a Kicker ZX460. They both rock! I use the ZX460 to push the JL mids and highs and the ZR240 to push the JL 10W6s. They sound great. I have a friend with a Jeep Cherokee that has (2) 12" Kicker CompVRs off of a ZR240 and it sounds great. this amp won't dissappoint you, if you want bigger it wont be a hard amp to sell. Have fun!

Eventually I plan on getting a ZR600 to power my subs, then use the ZR240 for my door speakers. I'm just hoping I get good bass with the ZR240 for now. :cool:

Leenjen, do you think this amp will perform well in powering my subs and achieving good bass?

it should sound fine. it wont put out all the power that they can handle, but it should provide some nice bass. the kicker amps are under rated. and as long as you keep the voltage up, it'll perform fine. a one farad capacitor could help you out a little during deep bass hits.

Yep, I think I'm gonna pick up a RF Punch 1 farad cap before everything gets installed.

I have had mine for 6 months now and it is awesome. I had the eclipse 34230 before and the kicker hits alot harder than that did. Definately worth it. What Kicker subs do you have?

I have this amp pushing one 12w6 bridged and it rocks. Your speakers probably could use a little more juice, but it will still sound great.:eek:

??More juice?? I am overpowering them by 500 watts, I need to get another sub soon but my box is going to cost over a grand.

No Eddie...you don't have any problem with juice...I'm just saying Hartman could use a little more.

I dont have the ZR240....

I dont got the ZR 240 but, I as well have the ZX 460... and does nothin but kick ass! It's loud clean and brings my highs to life! This leads me to believe the 240 will do a good job for ya... until ya wanna go bigger :confused:
Pete

Originally posted by ExplorerEddie
??More juice?? I am overpowering them by 500 watts, I need to get another sub soon but my box is going to cost over a grand.
How is yer box gonna cost ya over a grand?
Pete

You'll have to see it, It will be a few months now because I have to replace my head gaskets $$$.

Back