throttle body/maf sensor

seth247

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4X4
I am planning to get the bbk throttle body and the vortec maf sensor for my 92'. What experiences have you guys had with these parts and what tips do you have?

Also will those parts along with my flowmasters make the mixture too lean, or willmthe maf and the o2 sensor keepthings in check?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i noticed a snappier throttle response when i installed mine. just remember to install the jumper wire on the mass air

I am planning to get the bbk throttle body and the vortec maf sensor for my 92'. What experiences have you guys had with these parts and what tips do you have?

Also will those parts along with my flowmasters make the mixture too lean, or willmthe maf and the o2 sensor keepthings in check?

Thanks

what MAF are you using? Jumper wire?
Thanks

the maf I'm going to get is the vortec 8a301-026. Its a 73mm.

What jumper are you talking about?

i noticed a snappier throttle response when i installed mine. just remember to install the jumper wire on the mass air

this jumper, so it is for forced induction? 5 liter?
thanks

Hmm, I have a BBK and Vortech MAF and I didn't use the jumper wire. I've been running fine for over a year like that. What is the purpose of the jumper wire? Your using the stock MAF sensor, so I'm not sure why you'd want to connect those wires.

Mine didn't run right when you activated the heater controls without the jumper wire

Back