• Register Today It's free!

Tire Pressure what do you think?

stevetimleck

Reaction score
City, State
toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
bridgestone duelers 265 70 16 on a 98 sport.
Max pressure is 44 psi but I think ford recommends 30 psi
what do you guys think I should run them at?
What would the effect on mileage be in mpg between 30-32 or 32and 38?
also what about wear?
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

with all truck tires a a general industry standard...32-33 for best ride...35 for economy...max for heavy towing

so for best fuel economy i will want mine at 35psi? I have actually always wondered whose recommended tire pressure to go with-- the tires or the car company. thanks for another little tidbit.

it is all relative... if you really want the best economy pump it to the max..... if you want the most cushy ride run it at 15 lbs.... are either of these that safe? not really....

32 for cushy...35 for economy....max for towing are tire industry standards....

I saw virtually no difference in economy when I switched from 30 PSI on my 265 75R16 LTX ATs to 35 PSI about 4 or 5 months ago. The first 3 years of owning my Explorer I religiously kept 30 PSI in my tires. I wanted to see what 35 PSI felt like so I tried it. I like 35 better. They seem to roll smoother on rough asphalt. I made the change several months ago, and so far my mileage hasn't changed a bit which is something I check after every fill-up. Tire are wearing fine regardless of whether I go with 30 or 35.

Back