tires...whats everyone running? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tires...whats everyone running?

245/75/16 Wrangler Territories.

They're nice, road noise leaves something to be desired, but I'm not complaining.

I recall a link to a website is re-manufactured tires with glass dust in the rubber which increases life and tread performance. I can't remember what that website was, though. Anyone remember?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just put on stock size general grabbers(didnt want to lose any power),i'm very impressed with their ability to grab the snow!I took my kids on a couple short trail rides through the pines,had no problems.I tried to get "stuck" in my unplowed driveway,couldnt do it!At one point even plowing up into the piles at the entrence,nope,still pulled out!

Also,before buying these I read about guys not liking them in the rain.Again I'm very happy.I drive down very rough backroads with lots of large,unexpected puddles running out from the sides from farm fields and such.I like to drive WAY to fast for the size of the roads,but still no hydroplaning issues at all.

Unless I'm buying a strickly mud tire,I dont see any reason to try another tire.

Let me know if you would to see pictures,they're stock size so not much to look at.

easyasone
sick tires man.... i bet they look really good on you're X

Millertime
i wanted the bfg at's and i have heard from everyone that has them that they love them... but for my rim size they are well over $800.... my wallet started hurting just thinking about it.... so im thinking about the general tires... $500 all in and im getting the size i want and everything...

Thanks! Here are some pics of the tires.
IMG00112-20110218-1059.jpg

IMG00111-20110218-1058.jpg

I've used the tires for about 3000 miles and so far I'm happy with them. Awesome in deep snow. Pretty silent on highway speeds a little hum but very good for a tire of this nature. Decent in the rain. Cornering could be a little better. Ride is a little stiffer. Awesome in mud and decent in ice.

i have the grabber at2 on my x 265/75/16.i love them.they do rub just a lil bit when turning full lock.

Really surprised nobody has posted pics, so here goes.......

BFG KM2-33x12.5 on the 94

fuglysnew33shoes1.jpg

ProComp MT-35x12.5 on the 95

rearaxle35s.jpg

35's on stock gearing??

so i think i am changing gears here.... a couple weekedns ago when i was in San Diego, I rode in my gf's uncles FJ and he had the Yokohama Geolander A/T's and they looked really nice and were pretty quiet on the hwy... im looking into these now.....

Back