• Register Today It's free!

Torsion twist problems 97???

bluegill

Reaction score
City, State
Tn Valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer xlt
My 97 explorer xlt 4dr 4wd got warrior shackles installed and an attempted torsion twist that I believe has gone wrong. Both adjuster screws began tightening from about the same position now the driver side screw is almost all the way in while the passenger side is almost where it began. The front has lifted right at 2" on both sides and i'm unsure about when or if they have settled and why is that one screw so far out and the other one in?? the lift was done with the suspension floated so maybe it's stripped?? the lift rules with 15x8's and 31'10's and feels much better and thankfully the front bfg;s are already boogered so the frigged torsion twist and alignment which I can't tell it really needs so drive on. thanks for any help!! :exp:

that sounds normal...it sounds like someone correct a problem with it tilting in the past (more weight on the drivers side causes it to sag). The same thing happened to me

Due to a lot of variables in production of an Explorer it's rare when both bolts will be exactly the same length. My driver's side bolt is in farther than the passenger side due to a saggy left side.

very common, no biggie, i've heard u can take them completely out and replace with new longer bolts if u really wanted, and couple maybe have them at the same thread #,but its not that big of deal i don't think, i've had mine done for about a month now, gotta check to see if its settled yet, i don't do much driving up at school, no place to go in this small town, lol, and get my alignment done.

Back