Transmission Oil Cooler fix before starts leaking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission Oil Cooler fix before starts leaking

AWali

Reaction score
City, State
Halabja
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT 4WD
I have exported a 2020 explorer to an overseas country and from reading online I know that there is an issue with the transmission cooler and it can develop leaks, my XLT has got 14k miles on it and there are not any leaks from the cooler so far. How much should be I worried that it might start leaking at any time? is there any other way to fix it and prevent it from developing a crack other than replacing the cooler with an updated part because the updated parts is still not available here.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I would guess that like several items, it is difficult to tell when something might fail. It could last forever or it could go tomorrow.

Peter

I have exported a 2020 explorer to an overseas country and from reading online I know that there is an issue with the transmission cooler and it can develop leaks, my XLT has got 14k miles on it and there are not any leaks from the cooler so far. How much should be I worried that it might start leaking at any time? is there any other way to fix it and prevent it from developing a crack other than replacing the cooler with an updated part because the updated parts is still not available here.
What is the production date on the vehicle? The earlier production vehicles had a first revision stlye cooler that was more prone to leaks. If you have an early production, I would get is changed as soon as possible.

Back