Tried to install iPod adapter, now clicking & squealing is happening!! help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tried to install iPod adapter, now clicking & squealing is happening!! help!

one1step1@gmail

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer
tried to install an iPod adapter into the changer portion of the factory stereo. I don't know what went wrong, but I hear a 'Pop' sound.. and now the dash Guages are screwy..and go all the way to the right, and also, the thing barely wants to run.. I hit the gas, and it moves.. but not very fast. Additionally, it is squealing and it sounds like the transfer case went out, but it's full of fluid.
The first sign something happened was when I turned the key to the first point, right where the guages and lights turn on , but not start. Just with the car sitting in this position, I heard a constant clicking sound coming from under the dashboard.

What could I have done? Could it be a relay that blew? I thought I faintly smelled something burning, black tape or something. Also, I think I even smelled fuel.

I was just working in the radio area!!!
Help Please!! BTW, it's an 02 XLS.

That happened to me after taking my 01 Grand Cherokee for a transmission rebuild. The problem was... (drum roll please...)

They forgot to tighten the battery cable!!!
________
Honda CB450DX-K

Back